A Crushing Blow

Story Title: Late Night Insomnia
By: rapsRlife
Story tags: Alternate Universe—Jewel Thieves, Ooc Finn, Finn/Vanesa, Finesa, love heals Finn, disability awareness, wheelchair Finn
Date Published: March 1

Author's Note: In this story Finn will be acting out of character. This is my first and only warning, so please don't complain if you can't handle Finn not acting like 'your precious cinnamon roll.' I find that personally I have a much easier time writing what I intend when I'm not constrained by character traits. If you've read my other story, Johnstovsky, you know what I mean. Neither Johnston or Makovsky act like their canon counterparts, but they are consistent with how I characterize them. I like how my Finn Gunn is. And I'm positive others will too.

Disclaimer: I clearly don't own Finn Gunn and his awesome adventures.

ENJOY!!!

The gravel crunched beneath his feet. The howling winds no match against Finn's determination. His icy blue eyes set on the space in of him, as if he were approaching a destiny only he could see.

Johnston, Rigby, and Ostergard were waiting for him at a pier shrouded with evening fog. Welcoming yet the closer Finn got to the pier, foreboding. Before Finn reached the pier, he stopped by a nearby street lamp. A deep sigh escaped from him as he stood. Finn suddenly felt unsure of what he was about to do. The wind ruffled his brown curly hair as it rushed past as if to reassure him.

Coming out tonight might have been a mistake. He wasn't willing to face repercussions for tonight. Finn was sure Johnston, Rigby, and Ostergard would feel same as he, when they knew what was at stake. Finn would make them understand what was at stake.

He trudged closer to the pier. Johnston, Rigby and Ostergard were chatting aimlessly. Unaware that Finn grew closer.

"Boys, are we ready?" Finn's voice was soft, so soft they may have missed it.

The chatter died instantly. All three of his friends turned their whole attention to Finn. None of them spoke, none of them moved.

Ostergard tried to blow warmth back into his ungloved hands. All three eyes snapped to him. He shrugged them off.

"I say we do it. We got nothing to lose."

To Finn's horror, Rigby nodded.

"I have bills to pay. Count me in."

It was just Johnston and Finn who had not decided. Finn and Johnston made eye contact, trying to silently communicate. Who would voice their concerns first?

"We have to remember we stick together no matter what. If we get caught, everyone goes down."

That was not what Finn had wanted Johnston to say. He grimaced, it was too late now. All of the others had pledged their willingness in some form, except for him. All eyes were upon him, Finn tucked away his fears.

"Right, its settled. We'll split into two cars: Johnston and me in one. Ostergard and Rigby in the other," He decided out loud.

No one disagreed with him. Finn sniffled, his nose had succumb to the cold. Everyone shuffled into their assigned car, too nervous to talk.

Johnston cranked the heater on as Finn got settled into his car. Johnston's car was well loved and it showed. Finn had gone on many adventures with Johnston and his car. It was scary to think tonight might be their last adventure.