八▪Everlasting Peace

《▪everlasting peace▪》

▪▪▪

Everyone has felt a feeling. The feeling of not being enough.

Not being enough to be treated like a person.

Not being enough to be a priority.

Not being enough to be loved or love another.

However, when her mistress had actually treated her like they were they same people, she knew that she has to dedicate herself to her mistress. That passionate mistress was Third Miss. Liu Xia was always kind hearted to everyone and gave off a lively atmosphere when she entered the room.

Xiao Jue was proud to call Liu Xia her mistress. She always stood tall right next to her master and always served her a hundred percent because Liu Xia treated her well and like a sister.

There was one thing that was always on Xiao Jue's mind. It was Lin Ying. That was only one thing she regretted.

Xiao Jue regretted serving Liu Xia because Liu Xia had feelings for Lin Ying. As expected, Xiao Jue also has feelings for the butler's son.

The servant that served under her mistress that both had feelings for the same young man. How ironic.

During the time that Liu Xia had left to get the jasmine hairpin, Xiao Jue and Lin Ying were together. They were walking towards the Lantern release until Xiao Jue noticed that her mistress was missing.

"Lin Gege, where is Third miss?" Xiao Jue showed a bit of worry, but truthfully,she wanted to be alone with Lin Ying.

"I'm pretty sure Third miss is capable to be by herself, she'll find her way to us. She's smart like that." Lin Ying wasn't worried.

Those two servants had walked together towards a stand that was releasing lanterns. They were simple lanterns that you can write your wishes on.

In the sky, there was lights from the lanterns that were drifting away into the dark abyss in the sky, it was an absolute sight. It was as if the stars were moving ever so slowly.

Xiao Jue was amazed, it was her first time coming out of the manor. These were something so new to her. Lin Ying noticed and approached the stand.

"Two lanterns please." Lin Ying spoke to the madam that was running this lantern stand.

Xiao Jue looked at Lin Ying and was surprised. He bought lanterns for just her. Her heart flutters at the thought and her cheeks flush of pink. She was definitely falling for this butler son.

"You young couples here at this festival makes me, this old lady, envious!" The madam of the stand hands them two identical lanterns and two calligraphy brush to write down their wish. "Four copper coins."

Lin Ying had handed the copper coins and gripped onto the lanterns while Xiao Jue had held the brushes. He handed one lantern to Xiao Jue so they both can make a wish.

"Lin Gege, are we releasing lanterns right here?" Xiao Jue questioned.

"Obviously not here, we are going to release it in a open space so it can drift into the sky." Lin Ying had led the way towards a near by bridge that was in a quite open area.

The bridge was over a large pond. The moon's reflection in the water had shown light in both of their eyes. Xiao Jue couldn't help but smile so happily. She never thought that she would be able to be free with Lin Ying at this moment.

"Make a wish, Xiao Jue." Lin Ying had spoken.

Right when she had heard those words, she immediately held out a brush to give to Lin Ying. "You can't make a wish without telling your wish is, Silly."

Lin Ying blushed. He had looked down in embarrassment but yet his cheeks had held affection. He took the brush within her grip and wrote down his wish.

I wish for the people I care for to be healthy and strong.

Xiao Jue saw that he was already writing his wish so she began to write her own too.

I wish for everlasting peace and future with the man right next to me.

Lin Ying was curious. He wanted to know what Xiao Jue wrote on her lantern. He leaned his head over her to see what was written, but Xiao Jue had saw what he was trying to do.

"Stop peeking! If a person knows my wish it won't be able to come true anymore." Xiao Jue made an excuse.

"Alright, fine." Lin Ying teased.

Lin Ying had released first and his lantern had drifted pretty quickly. Xiao Jue's eyes couldn't catch what was written on the lantern.

After she saw that Lin Ying released his lantern, she had let go of hers. It drifted into the dark abyss like the other lanterns.

Unlike Xiao Jue, Lin Ying had sharp eyes and saw what was written on her lantern.

The lanterns were never coming back. Never to return to where they were first let go.

▪▪▪

▪everlasting peace▪》

Sorry for being gone for like two weeks. 😭