十▪Grudge

《▪grudge▪》

▪ ▪ ▪

The time was coming.

The time where Jin Guangming would take Liu Xia away, where they would have a happily ever after. When the weather is perfect, and the color red is vibrant, that's when he will take her away from this miserable mortal realm. He would take her to see all of the colors of the sea, mountains, and sky. It was just like how she had told him in her past life.

Jin Guangming missed holding her hand. her warm pink palms had heated up his cold immortal hands that were always ice like. He missed her smell. She always smelled like jasmine flowers when the breeze comes. 

She still smells like jasmine flowers.

Liu Xia is now 14 years old. Today is her birthday and there was going to be a big celebration for her coming of age. Her family had gained some wealth to throw a celebration. this was also an opportunity for her to find a compatible husband too. However Liu Xia has someone else in her mind at the moment and is definitely unwilling to marry someone else.

That one person that Liu Xia wants only, is Lin Ying. He was the only man who had paid attention to her and really cared for her. Liu Xia is still unaware of Xiao Jue and Lin Ying being together, Liu Xia had always turned a blind eye when it comes to feelings. 

That sunny day was supposed to be a perfect day. The perfect day to go outside and wander the street market. The perfect day to go and be with friends. The perfect day to confess to your significant other. It wasn't the perfect day after all.

Madam Liu and Master Liu had their butler kneeling in the main hall, while Lin Ying was panicking to know what had happened to his father. Lin Ying was walking through the tiny corridors of the manor looking for Liu Xia or Xiao Jue. Lin Ying was extremely worried for his father. Lin Ying knew crucial things that Liu Xia didn't even know.

The biggest family secret that is only between two families. Lin Ying's family and Liu Xia's family.

13 years ago

This day, it was also raining tragically. Water pouring from the sky while lightning was pounding on the mortal realm. The roof tiles were running down streams of rainwater from the roof. It was as if the house was crying at the massacre.

"Master Liu! Our family has been loyal to you, we have been family friends for so long, you can't do this to us!" Lin Ying's father was crawling on his knees begging for mercy and forgiveness.

Lin Ying's father was wrongly accused of embezzling from the taxes. Since Master Liu had recently been appointed a higher position in the court, he took this as an advantage to take out a splinter. The evil grim face had smirked and threw his sworn brother off to the side. "Everyone had always liked you more. I was envious of you. Envious that you had a kind heart and manage to steal the woman that I was fond of!" Master Liu laughed with no emotions, it was as if he was crying and laughing.

Lin Ying's father face grow stiff and his forehead rolled. "Don't bring Feng Yue into this. She left with me willingly. It is your fault that you were unable to obtain her heart."

Feng Yue. She was Master Liu's lover that was one sided. Feng Yue initially loved Master Liu, however Master Liu knew that Feng Yue was already betrothed to Lin Ying's father. Feng Yue had to hid their past affairs and carry on. Later on she had married Lin Ying's father and had Lin Ying as their only son which who was only two at the time.

Master Liu never thought that his best sworn brother would marry his past lover. Master Liu was petty and evil after his first lover had left him. he was bound to get his revenge for taking away his loved one away.

"Unable to obtain her heart? What a joke." Master Liu unsheathes a sword that was hidden somewhere in his hanfu.

The man dodges the thrusts of the sword from the master. each movement was slick but dangerous. any wrong movements can make a person bleed out to death. Lin Ying's father slickly moves around the room to avoid the sharp hateful blades of Master Liu.

The doors slam opens to a woman white pale skin and was quite pretty. she was normal beauty, not someone who was dead gorgeous but a simple beauty. Her eyes are bright but yet held deep emotions that showed tiredness and weariness. 

"Feng Yue." Lin Ying's father lightly spoke.

Feng Yue had walked in on their fighting and wanted to stop their fight, therefore she is currently in the very same room. Feng Yue went right next to her husband and held him up so he is stable enough to stand by himself. "Liu Heng, Its been a couple years now since we ended things. I am already over you so you should too." 

Liu Heng had laughed. "Well, I guess it's too late to get over it now. The court had ordered me to execute him."

The room silenced and Feng Yue was in shock. She was out of words. Lin Ying's father only chuckled out of sarcasm. "So you are gonna kill your own sworn brother?"

Master Liu had held up the sword higher as if he getting ready to strike someone. "I guess so."

In a split second, Feng Yue had grabbed Master Liu's hand that held the sharp blade and plunged it into her abdomen. 

"Feng Yue!" Lin Ying's father yelled.

"Yue'er!" Liu Heng let go of the blade. He didn't dare to take out the blade because of the results were that Feng Yue would die quicker from blood loss.

Feng Yue had a stubborn mind. She knew that Liu Heng would consider this as someone dying for her husband's accused sins. "Liu Heng, You had killed me for Lin Tianhai's sins as a sign to not embezzle." Feng Yue had said these words as if they were orders that those two have to comply with.

Feng Yue held her last breath after that sentence and Lin Ying's father and Liu Heng grew tired and sad. They didn't have the energy to fight so they had left on their way. The husband carried his deceased wife out of the room with tears streaming down his eyes.

Master Liu had told everyone that Lin Tianhai had his wife die for his crimes and he was able to get out of the sticky situation. Since that seemed like it was a too easy of a punishment, Master Liu had put Lin Tianhai as a servant in his manor.

The candles were dimly lit, but yet a little kid hiding in the cabinet saw everything that had occurred. His eyes were watery as he witnessed his own mother die.

The only thing on this kid's mind was avenging.

▪ ▪ ▪ 

《▪grudge▪》

This was probably a confusing chapter to most of you guys Hahaha. So I'm gonna explain their character and what just happened in this chapter to make things clear.

Liu Heng - Liu Xia's father who had lingering feelings for Feng Yue. He was pretty close with Lin Tianhai since they were sworn brothers. One event had happened and Lin Tianhai and Feng Yue had to marry each other. Liu Heng then grew hatred for his sworn brother and set up frames for Lin Tianhai to be seemed as if he was embezzling taxes from the citizens.

Lin Tianhai - Lin Ying's father who didn't have feelings for Feng Yue but cared for her as a husband since she had gave birth to his first son. He has a good heart but can only take so much from someone. 

Feng Yue - Lin Ying's mother. She did love Liu Heng but later on lost feelings due to her engagement with Lin Tianhai. Feng Yue later respected Lin Tianhai for being a caring husband. She later kills herself by Liu Heng's blade.