Chapter 10

Terrene's Point of View

****************************

"Well, now that we've solved the housing problem," Aubin continues, "we can start going over which beast you will receive." 

"We're getting our beasts already?" I say, already feeling my anxiety building up.

"Well we believe it is better for new elementalists to be with their beast as soon as possible so they can grow closer to their beast as they get acquainted with Eloasis in all." Aubin explained, and with a pat on my shoulder, said to all of us, "Don't worry, it's not as hard as you're making it out to seem, shall we go now?"

We follow him out and soon were back in the main building where we started off. This time, however, we head back to the earth quarters and out into Florfaunia. As we passed through the village, I got to see more of what it was through and throughout. The houses were either hobbit, tree house, or literally a tree style each with vines and greenery abounding off of them. Amongst the greenery were multicolored flowers that ranged from a deep burgundy, all the way to a vibrant violet. The pathways were only dirt, but it didn't feel out of place, it fit right into the arboriculture that covered most of the sunlight seeping through the canopy of trees. There were birds of all different shapes and sizes sitting on, I swear, every single branch available to sit on. The birds also varied in color and made the trees look like they were shimmering with luminescent glass from an old church my family used to go to. The thought of my family made me wonder what was happening back in the real world. Were they searching for me? They probably have a search party out looking for me and Sear as we speak, or I guess, think.

"What about our families?" I find myself blurting out and causing the conversation I had zoned out by the other to stop. "Do they know where we are? Or are they just aimlessly looking around not having a clue if their children are safe or not?"

"Terrene," Aubin starts with a sign, "It's complicated to discuss this with an elementalist because it's a very touchy topic. But I promise you they are not grieving. In fact, they are in a state of mind where they don't even know you're gone!" Aubin finishes, with a grin of accomplishment on his face.

"So you drugged our families?" Sear asks, now wrapping his head around the situation. Q was turned now zoning in on the conversation and from the look on his face, Zeph didn't know what happened to the families either.

"No, no, not drugged. They are more like dreaming, but do not worry about your families, they are safe and if we don't hurry up, were going to miss the beast giving ceremony. The other four are already there and waiting for us so we need to get a move on!" Aubin says and with that, walks on, leaving us sitting with even more questions than when we started.

~~~

When we arrive at the so called beast ceremony, I feast my eyes upon the most magical and mystical sight I'd ever seen. On a separate island off the coast of Florfaunia, hundreds of creatures, big and small, scaly and feathered, flying and walking, covered the island and made it look like a mixture of a scene from a sci-fi movie that took place in a mythical fairy tale book. I was trying to remember all the beasts Zeph had listed off but could only remember one that I was terrified about...the dragon. Just then a deep and demonic roar came courtalling from the island and before I could stop myself, I was turned around, and darting away. But luckily, I ran into Sear who caught me before I fell.

"Woah, woah," He started, "What's wrong, are you ok?" He kept asking more questions but I was lost looking at all the emotion he was pouring out just through his eyes. Those eyes, those deep golden brown, with a hint of vibrant orange eyes. The orange from the burning embers of an eternal flame, those eyes. I follow down his face and find myself staring at his lips, they way they fit together gives me goosebumps all the way up my spine and fills my stomach with a ton of bounding butterflies. I keep staring but snap out of my trance when I realize how panicked Sear actually is. Out of instinct, I reach up and touch his cheek to shush him and he does calm down and we're left there, staring into each others eyes again. Those eyes, those beau-

We're interrupted by someone clearing their throat and look up to see Cassie, Timothy, Arron, and Blair, now standing with the others, staring back at me and Sear. We stand up quickly and my face grows ripe like a tomato and I walk over to Q who's dying of laughter and elbow her in the gut.

"Now that we're all together," Aubin starts explaining, "I will explain something to you guys. Since the first four elementalists who I brought here got here first, they will go through the normal choosing ceremony. Since there was another four elementalists chosen also, they will have to go through the older process of physically going to the island and choosing their beast there."

"What's the normal ceremony?" Cassie asks standing closer to Arron than usual.

"It's like a virtual reality with a lot of fences with beasts in them, you will individually go to each cage and when you feel the right connection with a beast, you will choose it, and it will choose you." Aubin finished with a smile, "The original four will go with Hannah, this lovely lady to my right and the rest will go with me. I will be with you four after I deal with these four.  Now who's ready to find their beast?"

And with a cheer of approval, we were off down to a ferry that was supposedly set to take us to the Island of the Beasts. The ferry was old and I could tell it hadn't been used and when Aubin told us the boat was being temporarily fixed, I knew my assumptions were right. But alas, the boat roared alive and with a shift of a gear, we were moving towards the island filled with the beasts that were supposedly going to be our friends.