Chapter 6

Aqueous' Point of View

****************************  

It's been about two hours since the two left and I'm not worried...I'm just wondering where they are so I decide to go out and find them. I use some rocks and landmarks to help me on my way back and start off on my journey.

I've been walking for a while and all I have on my mind is Terrene and what she did. I'm trying to remember but it's hard. I decide to go back to the beginning to try and figure this out.

OK, so it all started when I was kidnapped, there was a girl and a couple of men... I begin to myself. After that we were in a fan heading who know where but we escaped and that's when the men tasered me...that wasn't pleasant. I start to get annoyed that I'm not getting anywhere. What about the men...I ask myself. They were where janitor outfits and there was a symbol. It was all tones of grey, with some symbols on the front that looked kinda like a skull on fire and there were words, what did they say. My heads starting to hurt as I try to figure out was it read. Finally I do! But I don't like it at all... It read, In darkness we rise. 

I snap my head up as I here a twig break from behind me. I wheel around to reveal someone walking towards me in the same janitors  outfit as I described before. I start to walk back but trip and fall into a puddle. When I hit the small amount of water something shoots through me like a wave of relief  and I don't feel scared anymore. Instead I feel protected, like I have a raging ocean coursing through my veins. That's when I see it...a floating orb of water that once was on the ground now above my head. Except the thing is I know exactly what I'm  supposed to do, I shove my arms forward and the orb goes flying towards them. I slams into them and they go flying. But before they can get up, I sprint away making sure they don't see me.

~~

When I reach the cave Sear and Terrene are already there standing beside a rather large pile of berries. When they see me they rush over and start asking questions.

"Where did you go!" Terrene asks nearly tackling me down with a hug, "When we got back you were gone and we didn't know where you went!"

"I'm fine, but..." I start but am cut off my Sear.

"What happened?" He asks, "You look like you almost died?"

"Well I guess you could say tha-" I start but am interrupted again by Terrene.

"What! You almost died!" She shouts, "You should've stayed in the cave, where you are safe, and-and where you have-"

"Stop!" I shout Interrupting her back. I'm outa breath but through pants I say, "We gotta...go...like right now."

~~

We're running through the woods to get to the black hole I saw in my dream. We've been running for a long time when Terrene stops due to a side cramp.

"I can't run anymore," she pants, "My side hurts to much."

"I'll carry you" Sear says bending down to a position so she can climb onto his back.

"No," She answers back, "I'll just slow you down,"

"Then what do you suppose we do." Sear says back. "We aren't leaving you." He says as I hear men running towards us. "We need to either a) hide or b) get the heck outa here."

"No" I butt into the conversation when I see a puddle a couple feet away.

"What?" the two chorus.

I start walking toward the puddle which is coincidentally in the same direction as the men barreling towards us. I stop in the puddle and start to feel the same energy flow through me as before. They probably think I'm crazy but...ok so maybe I am a bit crazy, but It's a good kind of crazy...right?

I start to raise my hands and, as before, the water in the puddle start to rise again. I swing my hands towards the men and instead of the orb flying, a large spout of water starts to barrel towards the men. It hits as before but there are too much men and...crap, I have no more water. 

I start to get ready to face the men but Terrene stands in front of me and with a quick glance I know that Terrene can do something like me.

She starts to wave her hands back and forth and ivy starts to rise from the ground consuming the men, but it's not like the vine she used earlier. It's actually poison ivy and by the looks of it the soldiers know it.

~~

We escape and are on the run again when the forest around us starts to change and I recognize it as the forest from my dream. 

"We're close!" I shout as I dodge trees and bushes with Terrene and Sear following my moves.

I stop when I don't recognize my surroundings and start to panic.

"Why are we stopping?" Sear asks.

"SHhhh!" Terrene shushes him.

"I've lost it," I say after looking around a bit, "I lost the only hope we have, I'm sorry guys. I shouldn't even of listened to my dream, I mean...it was a stupid dream!" I say through angry tears.

"Hey, hey," Terrene bends down next to me, "Look, we got away from the mean men and now we go, find a new place to live..." I start to block her out when I hear my name being called."...-e will be together that's all that-" I stand. "Q?"

"I hear it," I stay as I start to run again following my name. Aqueous, left...Aqueous, right...Aqueous, I burst through a bush and stop when I see it...the black hole from my dream.

"Aqueous? Oh my gosh I thought we lo-" Terrene say coming out to the clearing with Sear but stopping when she sees it as well, "Whoa."

After a moment, Sear interrupts the silence, "So...are we going in or not?"

"Um, I guess." I answer.

"What!" Terrene says starting to turn around but being stopped by Sear, "I am not going in that thing...we don't even know where it leads!"

"Well then, how do you explain the voice in my head?" I ask her.

She stands there for a minute but concurs and grabs my hand due to her scared state. She holds out her other hand to Sear but he refuses and says something about not being a baby. But after a puppy face from Terrene and I, he grumpily grabs her hand and we start to walk towards the glowing tree.

"Ok," I start, " On the count of three, one...two...THREE!"

We jump into the tree and appear in what looks like outer space but are quickly sucked through a hole that opens abruptly and we appear in a sky. I don't really comprehend what is happening until I hear Terrene screaming and then I snap back to see that we are plummeting towards the earth, falling to our deaths!