○●●●●●●●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

Was it all just an elaborate trick of the mind? A pretending game?
It seemed that everything I had under control was a lie.
Uncertainties that I couldn't dismiss.

So I just kept telling myself that everything was okay, that there was a perfectly logical explanation to everything, over and over in my head, while I still sat on the kitchen floor, legs covering my face, hands mindlessly grabbing locks of hair, and just breathing while I could, before any other ghosts decided they wanted to have another piece of my sanity for themselves.

Stanley had appeared at the door at some point, still in his night clothes, looking extremely sleepy, as well as two rather confused and paranoid Grenda and Candy, hoping they could get an explanation, or at least to go home.

Mabel still found herself in tears, explaining to her also grumpy uncle, and with some difficulty, what she and her friends had been up to.

I guess he only started to fully wake up when he noticed the state the kitchen was in. Whatever wasn't destroyed was turned off, and wouldn't go back on.
He tried to ask questions about me to the twins, and I even began to wonder if he hated me now when his voice became loud with uncertainty.

However, when he obtained almost nothing from the answers, which were provided by their vague knowledge, he just turned to the girls, saying he was going to take them home, and handed Mabel a broom before she asked to tag along, mumbling something about responsibility.

Mabel had tried to reach out to me, but once she got at a range of five foot I begged her not to.
None of them had tried to approach me after that, though I could clearly see and hear them in the hallway.

All the lights on the kitchen seemed to have been destroyed, so the only real source I had was the light provided by the hallway, that was casting vast shadows inside.

At one point, I heard Mabel say her goodbyes to her friends, who probably wouldn't sleep a blink of an eye after hearing what happened.
I couldn't blame them for not wanting to stay and be around me. Not even I was comfortable in my own skin.

After all that, the twins stood outside, whispering things to one another, thinking that I couldn't hear them.
I probably wouldn't in normal situations, but as my panic emerged, so did my capacity to hear everything that could possibly be dangerous.
The rain. The creaks. Hushed voices.

"Well, you've gotta go talk to him!" Mabel whispered, glacing in my direction.

"Why me?! What if he's dangerous right now? He blew our whole kitchen out. What am I even supposed to do?! The guy doesn't even know what's happening, why should I know?" Dipper replied to his sister, his face worried, but his words stressed.

"Well, we can't leave him there! Get to the basement, and you know the rest. That's our only chance right now." Mabel stated, looking serious and hopeful. "Urgh, why did this have to happen..."

Dipper crossed his arms, brought one hand up to massage his chin, while his elbow still balanced on the other crossed arm. He looked at the floor, a rush of words crossing his mind.
"No. We can't. Ford said it was only in case of an emergency."

The girl rolled her eyes and scoffed with an unnatural anger to her, gesturing with one hand towards me.
"Doesn't this look like an emergency to you?"

There was silence for a moment, but then Dipper let his hand nest itself on the other arm.
Even from where I stood, I could see him biting his bottom lip, the soft red turning white for moments.
"Alright. I'll get him down there, maybe Ford has something that can help."