●●

(Sorry for those who received the notification and were hoping for an update, but I'm trying to cut the number of chapters to make them a more regular size on the amount of words and to prevent this story from being at its middle and having like 35 chapters, An update is coming soon though, so don't worry :})

I don't own the fanart in any way.

I sped up down the road on my skate, and everybody seemed happy to see me, by waving and making comments.
I got past a lot of people, but I managed to greet them anyway. 

I liked to do that. Feel the wind in my face, the small but noticeable thrill of the speed as the rocks and leaves in the ground passed by me. At least until another push was due, lowering the velocity ever so slightly

"Good afternoon, Norman!"
"Hello!" I replied with satisfaction, passing the ghost and looking back at them to send them a small wave.
I was still going down the street, when a dog ran across the road.

It was like a jumpscare.
I tried to turn the skateboard just quick enough, but in the end, it ended getting stuck again, and I tripped, almost falling on the hard, rocky ground. I let myself stumble forward, a small yielp escaping my lips when my balance was lost and my knees bent down so much that my hands almost touched the ground.

Dam, I need to fix that later...

"Oh, hello Norman! Good day at school?"

While still trying to fix myself and breathing in to spare myself the fright, I looked to my left, and saw the ghost of an old lady. She wasn't as old as grandma, but almost near her age. Her hair still had some colour in it, but the white was already blending in with the rest. I knew she died of an heart attack when I was around 7 years old, so it was safe to say I knew her pretty well.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Jones. Yeah, it was the same as always." I replied calmly, picking up the skate board fro the ground. 

She laughed, a laugh that only happy people can give.

"Didn't get in any trouble, did ya?"

I chuckled nervously. Sometimes I forgot that these people knew me to a certain extent as well.
She went and picked up the dog that I had almost ran into, and only then I realised it was actually another ghost. It wagged its tail like there was no tomorrow, trying to lick its owner face at all costs. Mrs Jones took it into consideration and consequently was trying her best to avoid the dog's attempts to show her its love.

 It was definetly a nice scene, and made my near fall seem much less pointless. But I would do it again if I had to. I found it rude when I went through ghosts like they didn't exist at all.

"Oh, thanks for not running over Binky. He died recently, a great loss for the family, so I am trying to take care of him." She looked at the dog and passed a hand on his fur, making him wag his tail and show off his tongue with excitement. "Old age..."

I blinked, feeling completely understanding.
"Oh, sure. Yeah. Good luck with the dog, then. Nice seeing you today!" I said, before returning to my way home.

Spinning my skateboard in my hands, I looked at the busted wheels.
Darn, that would definitely need to be repaired.
With a sigh, I began to walk.

It's not like it was far, but I liked to go home on my skateboard.
Being a shut-in, I almost never went out unless it was really necessary. And by necessary, I mean go to school, hang around with Neil, or being forced to join some lame family event.

I was walking at a fast pace, passing by the houses in the block.
"Norman!" I heard a girl's voice behind me.

I thought it was a ghost for a second, but when I turned around, I only saw Mrs Jones granddaughter, Coraline. She was of my age, if not some months older, and she was just as tall as I was, which wasn't very common for girls at this age.