Norman's p.o.v.

I clutched to my backpack, moving towards the locker, and with Neil on my side, trying to talk to me, but ending up falling into a monologue.

"And then, there was this huge boulder falling, right in my direction. I was so scared, I had no idea of what to do-oh!, and when the thing was falling, I was just staring at the fire it left behind, it was awesome! But when the-"

"Sounds very nice, that dream of yours. But I would like to get my books quietly now-"

"But wait! I still haven't reached the most interesting part yet! So, the boulder was going in my direction, and since it was so close, guess what I did! I didn't even knew how I did it, but since it was a dream, I am not that surprised!"

I sighed, getting my books out of my backpack and leaving them in the locker. Usually, it would be better if I took them home, since I could not get to classes in time tomorrow, or need them for homework. But I guessed it was fine that day. I was not in the mood for studying, so at school they stayed. Except the math book, obviously. My teacher gave us homework almost everyday.

I think he likes to see us suffer.

"Um... did you let it hit your face at such a high speed it knocked you out?" I asked, not really sure what to say about it.

He looked confused.
"What? No! I just closed my fist... and I punched it!"

He then turned his head up, starting to act like he could see a clear sight of a night sky filled with stars and a meteor coming right at it. Made me feel happy for him.
"And then, it just went caboom!, and I was left there, feeling like some kind of superhero or something!"

I finished placing my books down, and I took my skateboard out of the locker, closing after it. People would be surprised at how much work it took to find the perfect position for it in a small locker.

Neil noticed this move and waited patiently.
I looked at him with a small smile, a way to say that I was done.

"Nice." I replied.
He motioned for me to walk with his head, and I followed.

"So, I was thinking...maybe we could go hang out sometime next month! Christmas is getting near, and you know what that means! Tomorrow is friday already, then we have the weekend, and then it is December already!" He concluded.

I chuckled and smiled.
"Yeah...Winter holidays are approaching."

He put on a sarcastic look.
"Not just winter holidays though, right?" He seemed excited.

This made me laugh, and I decided to make my point clear.
" Everybody wants a vacation. And besides, everybody knows about it. No way they are gonna miss the Christmas Festival."

His eyes sparkled.
"See? That's what I am talking about! Salma almost convinced me that you had forgotten about it and that you weren't even going to show up there!"
He confessed.

I looked the other way, thinking for a bit.
"Well...I wasn't plannin on showing up, especially if I was alone, but since nobody really cares either way, I might as well just go too, even if it's the same thing as the previous years. You know, just to say hi or whatever." I looked at him again, already aware of the answer to my question "You are gonna be there, aren't you?"

Neil smiled and laughed.
"Of course, dude!"

I shook my head, smiling.

We started to walk to the exit, and a group of people from my class passed by us, and as usual, they didn't talk. A girl did peek at me, like most of them usually did, mostly so that they could whisper something to their friends ears right after, but since I caught her looking, she immediately looked away, pretendiing to be distracted.