○●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

"It's funny how things are so different in here, isn't it?" My mother smiled, looking outside of the window we were sitting by.

We were at Greasy's Diner, a place my mother had heard about after meeting a lady called Susan, I wasn't really sure where.

I had left the comic book store about half an hour ago after my mom had called me, wondering where I was and if I was alright, and told me to meet with her at the diner.

Eventually, I did, and one of the first things I did was explain what happened yesterday.
I couldn't keep it hidden from her anymore, and I knew that she was probably wondering about it, but she didn't want to dive right into it for fear of my reaction.

So, after that, one weight had been lifted from my mind.

I had yet to tell her about Mabel's offer, but my mind was thinking beyond it.

What am I supposed to tell Dipper now?
What would he do if he found out I'm a freak? Would he still like me or talk with me?
I know he likes weird stuff, but there's a difference between mysterious objects, animals or conspiracies and people. Nobody enjoys being around strange people.
....I can't tell him.

....Or can I? Why must everything be complicated? I don't want to loose a friend just because of this...stupid ordeal!

I can't just ignore it though...I can't show up and pretend it didn't happen either, and it will be too suspicious if I refuse to talk about it, he'll begin to think too much into it, and next thing I know he will get mad and think that I am a liar...

I kept staring sadly at the table, my eyes fixed in a single spot as I played with my hands nervously.
The fact that I knew that he was gonna find out sooner or later was killing me.

It was strange and new, in a way.
Most of the times, I used to be bothered that people knew about it because I always thought that life would be infinitely better if the people I face everyday didn't know.

But now that I had the chance to start all over somewhere new, I was scared that people didn't knew because I would be the one to get hurt and rejected again once they found out.

Being a social outcast was hard, and being it once was already enough for me.
Being a freak and a weirdo twice, I don't know if I can handle it.

I think I shouldn't tell him just yet.
I had to make sure he really trusted me first.
And I had to really trust him too.
But then again, wouldn't he feel betrayed?

"Norman? You okay? You are very quiet. Anything on your mind?" My mother asked, pulling me off my thoughts.

"Huh, what? Oh, yeah...just thinking..." I replied, still seeming distant.

"Hm, what are you thinking about?" She smiled, trying to make me feel better.

I gave a sigh, letting my worries flow to the surface of my skin instead of just keeping it to myself like most of the times.
"It's just...Mabel invited me to a sleep over at the Mystery Shack with her and her two girl friends..."

My mother brought her hands together, intertwining her fingers calmly.
"Oh, okay. You just want to go and have some fun. But why do you look so blue, then? You seem sad, is everything okay?"

I looked down.
"Yes, it's just...Dipper's gonna be there too, and I don't know what I'm gonna say to him..."

My mother gave me a comprehensive look, but still whispered something to herself that I couldn't quite understand that went on the lines of 'shouldn't this be the other way around'. Whatever the outcome was, she didn't leave me hanging.
"I see. You still haven't explained about what happened yesterday, did you? The whole scene with Aggie you told me about?"