Chapter 53

"what are you taking about". Yuzuki asked.

"exactly how you hear it". Itachi said with a straight face.

"you know I cant do that" She muttered as she cast her eyes down.

"Why? because of Kakashi right?" he answered.

"...... to be honest, I want to continue living, be a normal person once again, my life isn't as long as how I want it to. At least I want to be married, have kids, grandkids. You know" with a self deprecating smile, she answered. 

"But you die early" Itachi continued, as the silence followed them....

"Living isn't also a guarantee that you'll be happy, and also dying isn't  all that bad. If you live like a badit, living to survive, knowing that at any moment someone might kill you, every breath could be the last. Would you enjoy life?" She questioned.

"If you think like that. Its a sad truth. But from another perspective, no one has the freedom of time, whether a ordinary person or a ninja, no one is guaranteed for tomorrow." he said.

"Then, why are you still alive? because of your little brother?" 

"Yes, he needs to see the light and save the Konoha, but before that, he needs to be stronger, and better than me."

"So much for a big brother romance." Yuzuki followed as she exhales loudly. "If saving something means, living in vain a little longer, its fine. I'm proud of you, and by the way, life after death isn't a scary thing, I promise." 

"I'm not scared." Itachi defended himself. "Then are you coming with me?".

"You know, I want to set everything on how they're supposed to, but then, this forbidden technique that locks immortality have to stop, so I cant die yet.... And about coming with you, I still don't know, I want to, but then, I need all the research materials at Konoha, regarding all the techniques. Seal everything, before my time runs off. Here outside Akatsuki is after my life, inside the Konoha, the elders and some ninjas are after me too. There's no place for me here, after all I don't really belong here."

"You know, you don't really need to answer me right now. Take your time and i'll wait but for now, you need to rest." He cuts her off as he tucks her in bed again.

"Yea right, I know, but Itachi.... Thank you" She said almost like a whisper. As she slowly closes her eyes. Her body still feels tired, as her strength isn't as how it was before. He hears Itachi's answer though it sounds far away as her consciousness slowly fades.

"You're welcome, and I'm glad I met you." He said with a smile in his eyes.