I felt Y/N playfully slap my arm. "Connor!"

Michael laughed and pointed to another photo. "Oh hey, Connor and
Y/N look cute in this one!"

My girlfriend crossed her arms. "That's impossible, I look like trash."

"Oh my- no you don't!" I exclaimed as I turned to Y/N, making her smile and look down sheepishly. "Don't say that Y/N, self depreciation is my thing." I tried to mumble the last bit, but even through the loud noise she could still hear it.

"Hey!" Y/N began to say something else before the music changed and loudly interrupted her.

Gianna and Michael stared up at the DJ stand where Jared was busy rocking out like a lunatic. They turned back to us.

"Let's go dance!" Gianna said, a little too enthusiastically.

The other boy's eyes widened. "Ooh we should try to form one of those dance mobs!" Michael suggested. "Let's go find the others. Y/N, Connor, you comin?"

"In a second," We both said before they scurried off. Smiling, I looked back down at the pictures before glancing back at Y/N, who was tapping her foot to the beat of the music.

I tucked my copy of the photos neatly in my pocket. Y/N stood up from her seat and stretched as we viewed the mess of dancing people in front of us.

"I can't believe we fucking go to school with these people." I chuckled lightly as I stood next to her.

"I know right?" She replied, and then suddenly turned to me as I took her hand. "What the, Connor-"

"Whattya say we just act like them and dance really stupidly just for tonight?" I asked as I led us to the dance floor with a smirk.

"We dance stupidly regardless." Y/N giggled, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Are you making fun of my dancing skills?"

"What? I'm not!"

"Wouldn't blame you."

"I'm not making fun of your dancing!"

I shrugged and grinned as I raised my hand holding hers to somewhat twirl her around.

Y/N spun around messily and then stumbled. "Fuck, I think I hit someone," she said quietly as she widened her eyes.

"Y/N that was a table."

"Oh.."

We both looked at each other and laughed. It felt pretty good to have this much fun. I guess I missed it.

We both went back to simply and playfully dancing with each other, letting the songs change to whatever and ignoring all the odd stares from most people, especially Jared. When he gave us a look, we both flipped him off with proud smirks on our faces and said nothing else.

Nothing was fancy about our damn stupid dances, but we both added messy spins here and there just for the hell of it.

With a smile plastered on my face, I opened my mouth to say something as Y/N grabbed my hand. I tried to speak right before the music suddenly stopped mid-song. Other people stopped at the sudden action as well.

"The hell was that?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows as Y/N and I stared up at the DJ stand. Jared was frantically checking wires and the machine.

"Maybe they're changing the song..?" She assumed. We glanced back at each other before the neon lights flickered off and the whole room went dark. Concerned and confused gasps and murmurs were let out from other teens as a couple of adults walked in to try to calm everyone down.

One adult, probably a teacher, decided to speak. "Okay, everybody! There's been a- can I please get everyone's attention? There's been a minor technical issue here, we'll try to get this back on track as soon as possible!"

"Can't say I'm surprised this happened," Y/N whispered as she shook her head. I agreed.

Most people began to move around, probably trying to get to the bleachers or out of the room. I saw that the only lighting was in the hallway, and people were filling it up quickly.

Multiple people violently shoved me down to the hard wood flooring as they rushed by. My eyes widened as my hand slipped from Y/N's.
"Connor! Ah shit-" She exclaimed as she tried to get through the crowd.

Geez, why is it so fucking crowded?

"Stop pushing!"

"Move it!"

"I can't see!"

"WE CALL CAN'T!" I yelled through gritted teeth as I tried to stand back up. I wasn't too surprised when I was pushed back down. Wincing as someone stepped on my hand, I saw Y/N and other people stumble down themselves. Before I finally staggered up, I felt something sharp slightly cut the same hand. "AGH! Fuck," I scowled.

It wasn't until I finally got back to the entrance to the gym I realized the room was a bit small. I snapped out of my gaze as Y/N caught up to me.

"Side of the school.." was all she said as she gripped her shoulder, almost trying to avoid looking at the room the dance was in.

A/N:  alright alright alright listen up.
first off, i apologize once again for not updating as much. i'm a bit stressed out at the moment but i'm gonna try to get writing again :D

and second, school is about to start soon for me, so updates are most likely not gonna be frequent.
i WILL try my best to get at least one chapter out for you before it starts!!

wowWEE THIS WAS A LONG CHAPTERRRRR

(not really i think it was like 1400 somethin words lmao)

and as always, i really hope you enjoyed this chapter :)