- Missing & Messes -

Start from the beginning

"She sent me a weird message yesterday and she's not here today. I guess I'm a little worried," he said. Peter and Elenora exchanged a look. "It's probably nothing," she said, glancing back at Peter for just a moment, before tugging on her backpack straps, looking back at Ned. "What did the message say?" She pressured, and sighing, Ned pulled out his phone. He scrolled, then offered it to Peter and Elenora.

Elenora took it.

10:52
We have a minor issue. I need your help.

11:04
Oh? What do you need?
Jade?
What's wrong?
Is this a joke?
12:26 AM
Bro
Are
You
Serious
7:15 AM
Jade?
Wya?

Elenora giggled, "Ever heard of not double texting, Ned?" She played, her excitement not fully gone. Ned sent Peter a look, and Peter nudged Elenora. Her face fell. "Oh sorry. That was rude. My bad." She handed the phone back. "She wasn't in English."

Peter asked, "Have you called her uncle?"

Elenora's eyebrows furrowed as Ned responded. "Yeah of course I call- NO! why would I call him?"

"Uncle?" Elenora repeated, and Peter pulled his eyes away from Ned to answer.

"Jade doesn't live with her parents," he explained, letting Elenora work out the rest.

Ned filled in, "and he gave me his number last time Jade and I hung out."

An expression draped over Elenora as she shifted her weight. Oh She had not been a good friend- she'd been shorty with replies and blowing off plans, and didn't even know who Jade lived with. "Could we maybe ask Tony to track the number?" Elenora asked Parker. "Try and locate Jade, then, uh, have our little friend, spidey, check up on her?"

The three shared a look, and Ned nodded. "Yeah, you think you could do that?"

Peter said, "yeah, I don't see why not. I'll try my best."

Peter and Elenora continued their day, attending their classes with minimal attention and maximum excitement. During their science class, Elenora recieved a message from Steve.

Hey sweetheart. Me and Bucky are home. Please come to the Avengers Tower after school.

And so Elenora did. Her and Peter practically ran from Spanish to the compound- it was the first time Elenora was grateful for the intense training session. The two young Avengers nearly shattered the elevator button from pressing so hard.

When the elevator dinged and the doors slid open, Elenora sprinted towards the two fully uniformed Avengers she knew so well. She embraced them before they even got the chance to greet her.

Steve laughed a grunt away, "Hey, Bug," he said, wrapping his arms around her. Bucky held a serious expression with Steve, and the locked stares while an oblivious Elenora tucked her head in the crevice of Steve's neck and shoulder. When she pulled away, Steve went back to a smile. He crouched down to level with Elenora. She smiled back. "Did those help you at all?" She nodded, and hugged him again. This time when she pulled back, Elenora turned to Bucky. His expression softened, and he spread his arms.

"I've missed you," she mumbled into his shoulder. He held her tighter.

"Me too, El."