Alabaster You Fuck, Ditch Cassius

"Why are you under the table?" He asked and I momentarily lost speech capability.

"I-I was afraid someone would come back," I murmured and felt my abdomen clench in anxiety. Beth had no idea what was going on, and she was terrified of him.

"Don't worry, they've been given orders not to harm you," Lux nodded and stretched his hand out to me, I hesitantly took it with one last glance at Beth. She looked betrayed, by me.

Then I realized what this must look like to her.

I shot her a pleading glance, but wasn't sure of it got through. One could hope.

"Orders... from who?" I asked in confusion as he pulled me up.

"From me," he stated, and my stomach dropped even further. "Let's go."

For the second time he tried to drag me out of the ballroom. And for the second time, I resisted.

"W-wait, Lux, I can't go with you," I sighed, he looked unfazed. "I'm sorry."

"Why not?" He murmured, he was expressionless.

"I'm so sorry, I never thought I'd find you," I lamented, I had taken something away from him that he could never have again. His mate. "I already have a mate."

"Excuse me?" Lux narrowed his amber eyes and stepped closer to me.

"I-I thought I didn't have a mate! I'm sorry," I pleaded but I couldn't tell if he was angry or not. He just looked at me, tracing the curves of my face with his eyes.

"That doesn't matter now," he hissed and squeezed my wrist, "you have me. Forget him."

"I can't! I'm already marked, Lux!" I yelped, it wasn't getting through to him. He didn't care.

"I don't mind," he murmured and pushed me along. My heart thumped against my ribcage almost painfully.

"Please, I love him," I begged but there was no winning this fight.

"I won't discuss this anymore," Lux stated and I felt his hand rest on my hip. "You are my mate. You are mine."

"P-please, I'm scared," it was all I could say, because I was. I was terrified. I wanted Cassius. I wanted him to save me.

"Don't be, I will take care of you," he assured me and brushed his lips over my cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Lux."

-

I didn't know where I was, or what time. Even what dimension. But Lux had taken me here, and it felt like hours had passed. I wanted Cassius. He would hold me, he would comfort me. My lip quivered, would I ever see him again?

I laid on my side. Lux had taken me to a room, his, I assumed. I laid on a bed. In the dark. Waiting for him.

Maybe I could convince him to take me back. I could explain that I was in love with Cassius. And it hurt to think about it. Lux hadn't done anything wrong, and I had hurt him. So badly, without even knowing it. I thought I didn't have a mate. Maybe I would have thought more of marking Cassius if I knew I did. Because now, now I may never see him again.

I slid my hand down my leg, resting over the mark he had given me. It felt as though I could feel him, his heart pulsing a million miles away. Just through the mark. It connected us.

Could you even remove marks? Was it possible? The thought horrified me. It was the last thing I had of Cassius. And for that to be ripped away from me... I couldn't stand it.