[M] Some Nice Fuckin' Horror Movies

I let the whole thing blow over after a few hours. Jamie and I snuggled up under a blanket on the couch and watched horror movies. Well, I watched horror movies. He worked on his homework.

"Oh, come on Jamie!" I groaned and threw my hands toward the flashing screen. "This part isn't even that scary!"

"I told you I don't like horror films," he muttered indignantly and scribbled something down on a piece of lined paper. "And this is due by the end of the week."

"Well it's not the end of the week yet," I pouted and crossed my arms, then a thought struck me. "Unless, you want me to tell Nikolai about your massive crush on him."

Jamie looked startled, "wh-what? I-no-no I don't like him... like that," he sputtered and flushed, his knuckles were white around his pencil.

"Huh, really? Cause you're not fooling me," I purred and grinned down at him.

"I like Matthew," Jamie stated and started to write again, but it seemed like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"James, I'm not kidding. He really isn't a good person," I pleaded, "and I know that you do feel something for Nikolai, so why are you getting involved with Matthew again?"

"Its complicated," Jamie sighed and looked up at me.

"How so?" I implored, he looked conflicted.

"I don't wanna talk about it," he sighed and I pat him on the head.

"Whatever man, it's cool," I replied, it would be better just to let him deal with this on his own. Soon he'd realize what I was saying was true and it broke my heart knowing he was throwing himself back into this terrible cycle.

"So will you watch the movie with me?" I grinned he rolled his eyes but set aside his homework.

"Fine."

-

Jamie and I screeched in terror as the fucking abomination popped on screen. Why had I subjected myself to this horror? I don't know.

"What the fuck." Nikolai dead panned from behind us and I screamed again.

"Don't fucking sneak up on us like that you ass!" Jamie yelped and threw a pillow at him.

"Why are you guys screaming?" The vampire groaned and stood behind the couch, his eyes were trained on the screen. I felt Jamie squirm uncomfortably.

"Because Jamie can't take the heat, that's why," I muttered, "take a seat, you can sit beside Jamie." I smiled and leaned over my friend to pat the space beside him. He looked alarmed and silently pleaded with me not to.

Oh yes, my plan is in action.

Nikolai sat down beside Jamie and spread his arms across the top of the couch. Smooth.

"Why are you guys even awake at this hour? I though I was the vampire." Nikolai muttered and looked down at Jamie.

"You've never met a caffeinated college student before, I see," he remarked with a smile on his face. The vampire laughed quietly but otherwise remained quiet. We continued to watch the movie and I noticed that Jamie and Nikolai began to lean towards each other unintentionally. Ah, yes, it was happening.

At some point I saw Jamie yawn and lay his head on the Nikolai's shoulder. He tilted his lips close to my friend's ear and I pretended not to notice.

"You should go to sleep, James," it was barely above a whisper but it filled me with excitement to hear him speak so gently. Jamie began to protest but Nikolai hushed him and I watched as he nodded off to sleep.