let me drive you home (02)

Start from the beginning

"nothing," i meekly answered back, head low, unable to look at her fuming state.

"damn right," she growled.

i didn't reply after that. i let the silence engulf us. a few more seconds of just pure silence, i decided that i would finally say something.

"look, jennie, i'm really sorry-"

"shut the fuck up," she said and slammed her lips to mine and the actio nearly knocked all wind from my lungs. i struggled against her hold, but every attempt to be freed from the unwanted kiss failed.

"mmmhhmpp!!" i thrashed my arms to her chest, but that didn't seem to be doing anything.

but despite the roughness of the kiss, i felt it. i felt the butterflies waking and causing an earthquake inside my stomach.

i slowly melted into the kiss. my lips involuntarily opened, granting her more access to my mouth. i couldn't help but moan a little bit when i felt her tongue swipe against my lower lip. and i didn't realize that i was starting to kiss back.

she pushed me against someone's car, and our make-out session continued.

"fuck," she cursed when we pulled away from each other to fill up our lungs with air.

the moment we pulled away -- that's when i came back to my right mind. with all my remaining strength (which was not a lot by the way. i'm literally shaking) i pushed her away.

my eyes welled up. my first kiss, that i reserved for someone important was stolen by someone who's completely irrelevant and insensitive.

"what the fuck-"

"i hate you, jennie!" i cut her off. my walls quickly falling in front of the girl i specifically built them for.

"i hate you!" i repeated. the tears that i had been keeping to myself for too long finally poured.

i bet she didn't expect that i'd cry in front of her. i didn't expect it either.

"he-hey," she cooed and tried to touch me, but i quickly took a few steps back away from her.

"don't touch me!" i cried.

"are you happy now? is this what you want?" i asked angrily.

"chu-"

"don't call me that!" i shouted.

i thought i saw pain flash in her eyes, but when she blinked it was completely gone.

"fine!" she huffed and crossed her arms. "can you stop crying? it's so annoying."

my jaw slacked at her remark. with everything in me i forced my sob to go down my throat.

"that's way better," she said before rolling her eyes. "why are you even crying? it was just a kiss."

i had to bite my lips hard in order to control myself. i wanted to slap her so badly, but i knew that it would not benefit me in any way. so instead of saying anything else, i turned away and ran.

i ran as fast as my feet could possibly take me.

i was running so fast that when i bumped into someone i was sent flying. i landed butt first which elicited a groan of pain from me.

"i'm so sorry!" the man whom i bumped into said.

i slowly raised my head to look at the man and was shocked to see kenzo standing in front of me.

"ke-kenzo?"

"hey, jisoo," he lends me his hand and i reluctantly took it. he patted my shirt off dirt and gave me his signature smile.

"are you okay?" he asked, worried.

"y-yeah," i nodded once and looked away from him. i'm not used to this -- to strangers being nice to me.

well, kenzo wasn't really a stranger. i share my english class with him. but this is the first time we ever talked.

"i'm glad. you did fall rather hard on the floor."

"y-yeah. . ."

every part of me is aching to just leave, but i didn't want to be rude.

"let me drive you home."

"what?" i asked, shocked.

"i said, let me drive you home," he repeated, still smiling.

"yeah, i know, i heard you. but why?" i asked again.

"why not? don't worry, jisoo, i won't charge you anything," he chuckled. "and besides, you look like you cried a river. i won't let someone who's sad be alone. that's not me."

that's how kenzo and i became friends.