- 𝑗𝑜ℎ𝑛𝑛𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒

《 requested by : me lmao 》
2nd person
[ wc : 400 ]

"its okay johnny, no one's gonna freak out," you said to the completely terrified boy. he was fiddling with his jacket zipper outside of the curtis house.

you two had been together for a couple of weeks and had failed to mention it to the rest of the gang. you both didn't want to tell them in case they would get awkward around you, or feel the need to treat you differently.

"i don't know y/n. you know how the guys get sometimes."

she did know how the guys got. anytime anyone showed remote interest in you, they were scared off by the gang. you were lucky to have been taken in by them, but what were they to expect? they would scare anyone away from you, so you have to date one of the scarers if that made sense.

"it's okay johnny. they would never hurt you," you smiled, cradling his face in your hands.

"i guess you're right," he shrugged.

"of course i am! now let's go," you dragged him up to the screen door. letting go of his hand, you opened the door. you were pleased to see the whole gang in the front room watching cartoons.

"um, hey guys," you started, losing confidence. most of them grunted, or gave a feeble "hi y/n,"

"so, johnny and i have something to tell you," you grabbed his hand. you looked at him expectedly, trying to get him to say what they were trying to say.

"um, y/n and i are together," he said nervously. none of them even looked up.

"we know," two-bit said, nonchalantly.

"wait, have all of you known?" you asked. every one of them uttered a sort of "yes" sound.
"are you joking me?! i've been trying to hide it for this long, and you guys already knew?!"

"basically yea," ponyboy said for all the guys.

"you all suck," you flopped onto the couch next to dallas.

"hey, at least we hid that we knew pretty well. even steve did," dally said, gesturing to steve.

"how long have you guys known?" johnny asked, sitting in the floor in front of you.

"from the beginning. you aren't very discrete with your make-out sessions. get an actual room," darry chuckled.

"yea, well, at least we need a room," you shot back.

"would you all shut up?" two-bit asked, "you're ruining mickey."

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳
so, its been a while. hi missed you.