- 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑚

requested by : me me me
1st person
[ wc : 412 ]

Maybe avoiding your best friend isn't the best idea. But it is when you start falling in love with them.

Corey and I were always close but recently these feelings have been coming around when I hang out with him.

Originally I wasn't going to tell him. My plan was to just keep avoiding him. But that changed when he showed up at my doorstep one Tuesday afternoon.

"Y/N, why are you avoiding me?" Corey asked as he walked into the house.

"Corey I have no idea what you're talking about." I said playing dumb.

"Don't give me that! If I did something wrong just tell me!"

I sat down at the table and thought about it. Maybe he might actually like me back. I mean, it happens in every relationship. They're afraid they won't like them but when they confess their feelings that they like each other.

"Okay Corey, do you want the truth?" I asked preparing myself.

"Of course." He said calming down.

"I like you, I feel like I'm falling in love with you. That's the truth." I confessed.

He didn't speak.

"Um, Y/N" He said quietly.

"Yes?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't like you in that way." He said it so slowly, easing me into the pain.

"Oh." I whispered.

But this wasn't how it was supposed to go. He was supposed to like me back. It had to be that way. It was like that in every story.

But not mine. Mine was a sad pathetic one. A pathetic sob story.

"I-It's fine I understand." I stammer. I can't show him tears. I was supposed to stay strong. At least until he got out of the house.

"I'm really sorry." He said.

Sorry, to feel distress, especially through sympathy with some one else's misfortune. Did he think that helped my pain? Did he think that the word sorry would make me feel all fucking better? Well he said sorry guys stop the water works everything is alright. No. I would never be alright.

"It's fine. You can't force yourself to like someone." I whispered. You guys slowly walked to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I shut the door.

I locked it and knelt to the floor and I started to cry. I cried from a broken heart. Tears that would never be heard or cared about.

It wasn't supposed to end this way. In this pathetic sob story. Starring me.