- 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑚

requested by : a lot of people
1st person
[ wc : 1076 ]
( part two )

I slowly picked myself back up. Corey stopped talking to me. He was my best friend, and our friendship was ruined because of me. I guess I'm just a screw up.

After a few months I've gained new friends. I was becoming normal. Having girlfriends instead of hanging out with guys.

I started to wear more make up and different clothes. This got more guys to notice me. More girls to like me.

I would see Corey in the halls. He would just give me a sad smile and I would turn away.

Another Tuesday came along and this guy on the football team came up to me.

"Hey Y/N." He said as he leaned against a locker next to yours.

"Hey Dean, what's up?" I asked closing my locker.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime? Like go to the arcade or the movies." He said shrugging. He was actually acting kind of shy.

"Sounds great. Um, the arcade sounds good." I said smiling happily.

"Great, can I get your address so I can pick you up?" Dean asked, still shier than his normal confidence.

"Yea." I took out a piece of paper from my notebook and I scribbled my number and address. "Pick me up at 6." I said handing him the paper.

"Thanks." He took the paper and left. I sighed. I was finally able to move on. I looked around with a smile still on my face. My eyes caught a pair of piercing blue ones. Corey.

I don't know why he cared so much now. He's the one that broke me. He should be glad I moved on. But I didn't really. I felt that I'd rather be just friends with Corey than what we have now.

"Haim!" I shouted at him. He walked over and took Dean's place against the locker.

"So Dean Jackson, huh?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"Yea. Listen, I'm sorry about that thing a few months ago. I'm completely over it now, so I was wondering if we could still be friends?" Something flashed in Corey's eyes. Was it hurt?

"Yea, sure. I'll see you in trig I guess." He then left me at my locker. I sighed with satisfaction. Things were finally coming around for me.

But I still felt guilty. I didn't really get over Corey. I'm still under him. (Before you think of some dirty shit. it's a friends reference. i just wanted to add it.) I guess you could say this was closure.

Corey's POV

She was over me. After all this time. Throughout this time I realized how miserable my life was without her. I didn't realize I loved her that Tuesday. But I did, I just didn't understand it. When I finally did and I wanted to tell her, I just remember hearing her sobs from the other side of her front door. I broke her. But I didn't know how to fix her.

"Dude, I still say she likes you." Feldman said. Him and the guys were there to help me move on like she did. It wasn't working.

"No she doesn't. She's going out with Dean tonight." I reasoned.

"Fuck Dean! He's just another obstacle to get over. Prove to her that you love her. Fight this Dean guy for her hand!" Feldman encouraged.

"Jeez Feldman, I didn't know you were a romantic." Wil said.

"Cmon Haim. You have to prove you love her. You can't just say you do. You broke her heart once." River reasoned.

"You're right. But what do I do?" I was thinking about ways to prove I love her. None seemed good enough for her.

"I think you should just tell her. I don't think she's over you. Just kiss her." Wil said.

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked skeptically.

"Most definitely." Wil said with confidence.

"I'll do it then."

Your POV

The date was fun. He kind of talked about himself a lot. I wasn't sure if I actually liked him though.

I walked to my locker like I did every morning but there was a piece of paper on it.

I love you Y/N was printed out on it. At first I thought it was Dean. But I turned around to see Corey with a bouquet of flowers.

"Corey what are you doing?" I asked skeptically.

"Y/N, I love you. I didn't realize it before, but now I know that I do. I know I broke your heart, and that I screwed everything up, but it would mean the world to me if you would take me back." He said.

"Corey, I don't know. You've been my best friend forever but when you broke my heart, it changed me." I was lying. I wanted to tell him that I love him too, but I didn't want to be taken advantage of.

"Y/N, I know you're lying." He said.

"How do you know." I asked.

"Because when you lie you twist your ring." He gestured to the ring my grandmother gave me before she died.

"You're right." I smiled and hugged him.

"Do me a favor. Let me kiss you." Corey said. I just nodded and he kissed me. It was everything I wanted in the world. It's like those months we weren't with each other never existed.

"Y/N?!" It was Dean.

"Fuck." I murmured. Corey just chuckled and we pulled away. "Hey, um, Dean. If you haven't already got the hint, we're not seeing each other anymore."

"You're such a slut." He said. Corey was about to speak but I touched his shoulder and gave him a look.

"Actually, we weren't together. So this doesn't count as cheating. You need to officially ask to be my boyfriend before you are. Going out on a date does not classify us as a couple." I said as if it were scientific fact.

"Fuck you." He said and he started to walk away.

"You wish!" I shouted at his back. By this time there was a crowd and very one oohed. He didn't turn back though. "Don't you people have something to do? Go away!" I said to the crowd and they soon dispersed.

"Well you're a firecracker." Corey said smiling.

"If we're doing this, make me one promise." I said my arms around his neck.

"Anything."

"Never break my heart again." I pulled back to look at him.

"I promise to fix you."