- 𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑥

requested by : I DONT REMEMBER
2nd person
[ wc : 247 ]

it was around three thirty in the morning. this was the normal time you fell asleep, so you tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. river fell asleep earlier, too tired to stay up past one thirty.

you sighed as you lay in your normal sleeping position, but that didn't seem to ease you. you decided to stay that way until sleep came over you.

that didn't really work. it was now four in the morning and you haven't gotten a wink of sleep.

sighing you rolled over to face river and you cuddled into his back. he then stirred feeling your uneasiness.

"babe, what are you doing up?" he asked rolling to face you.

"oh, you know, drinking too much tea in one day can have this kind of affect." you sighed laying on your back.

"come here." he said, his voice was raspy with sleep, so you knew he was too tired to do it.

nevertheless, you wriggled your way to his embrace. at first he just started to hum, but as you remained awake he started to sing.

until now, i've been blind.

this was one of your favorites. you closed your eyes letting the vibrations of his voice hit you, easing you into a nice sleep.

when he felt your breaths even out and your eyes flutter shut, he started to hum, then silence.

"i love you princess." he whispered as he kissed your hair as he himself, drifted into a peaceful sleep.