Astrid's brow twitched as she remembered Hiccup mentioning that this town had some quirks. "Okay maybe we should start from the beginning." Astrid told him as she tried to wrap her mind around the new information. Her stomach gave a loud growl causing her to flush scarlet.

"Oh...." Hiccup mumbled as he heard her stomach. "Dagur's sister did mention you'd be hungry."

"Eh.... yeah..... I should probably get out of your way." Astrid mumbled as she didn't want her need for blood to take over.

"Look , it seems like you need blood and Dagur isn't back yet." Hiccup stated as he motioned to his wrist. "I wouldn't mind you taking some of mine."

"Hiccup I couldn't!" Astrid protested as she could still remember that he smelled so tasty during her bloodlust. "I.... I could accidentally kill you." Even as she said this her fangs started showing at the thought of what was being offered to her.

"Astrid, I trust you. You wouldn't." Hiccup told her as he noticed how she was trying to hold her need for blood back. "I'm offering, and you need it right now. Don't put yourself in any unnecessary pain." Astrid tried to deny her urges but in the end she just couldn't. They slowly sat on the bed as Hiccup offered his wrist.

Astrid watched him carefully before saying "You tap my shoulder if it becomes too much." She told him as her fangs were showing while she took the offered arm. Once she bit down the world around here began to make more sense. Her mind was less hazy with more blood she consumed. As Astrid sucked she slowly began to piece the events of the day together. She had made it to Henry's apartment and kicked down the door so hard that it had broken in two. Henry who had been watching TV startled and backed away. Somehow he managed to get out of the door. Astrid remembered jumping down his balcony onto the pavement and then nearly strangling him. She was surprised by the crowd merely standing there in confusion and awe as she tore into the man. She at least expected people to run away screaming or to gather a mob with pitchforks and torches once her identity had been revealed. 'Never underestimate a mob with pitchforks' She remembered from her travels, yet these people did nothing of the sort. They had been more interested in the drama that was unfolding than the fact that she was a bloodsucking vampire. Hiccup's comment about other supernatural beings in this town suddenly made more sense, and she had to believe him because he had a freaking dragon quite literally nuzzling his bed and playing with his blankets, a dragon that supposedly had to have gone extinct just like the dinosaurs. The small jet-black dragon, Toothless, had paid her no more mind once he knew that there was no danger to Hiccup. She felt three taps on her shoulder and quickly let go of the wrist, but not before licking the wound closed.

"Did I hurt you?" Astrid asked hesitantly as she looked at Hiccup's flushed cheeks.

"No..... no..." Hiccup mumbled before pointing to something. Astrid looked to where he was pointing to and saw Dagur stuck in the window. Dagur looked rather grumpy and he muttered "I just robbed a blood bank and you've already eaten!" as he gave Astrid a glare. Dagur wiggled and then grunted as he shoved the cooler he had filled with blood into Hiccup's room. "A little help here!" He groaned as he was stuck in the window.

Astrid had to stifle a giggle but Hiccup, flushed as he might have been, didn't hesitate to tease Dagur. "Mala's been feeding you her famous Cordon Bleu again hasn't she."

"Shut it Hiccup and help me!" Dagur grumbled.

Once Dagur had been liberated from the window, and Astrid had been given more blood, they resumed their conversation downstairs. Astrid had placed a straw in the blood containers while she listened attentively. "Excuse me but what did you just say?" She asked Hiccup while looking incredulously at him.

Hiccup gave a nervous chuckle as he repeated "My mom works for a government agency which is tasked with rescuing dragons and placing them in the preserve around Berk."