07

A/N: 

hey loves, welcome to a brand new chapter. 

yes, this is a new part that wasn't in the former version. previously, this chapter started with a time skip which was a bit too sudden and odd for some of you, so I decided to add another part to clear some questions and to initiate the upcoming events thoroughly. 

hope you enjoy it. xx

L

———————————

"Two poles on one dimension."

———————————

"I'll stay here for another week."

"I hope, you're dad feels better soon," I pressed the phone to my ear, rushing towards the fighting hall.

Jennifer was on the other end. It's been over two weeks since she had left the academy because of her father's current condition. He was hospitalised after a severe car accident. She had been quick to leave, taking off all her classes to stay with him until he was ready to go back home. Her mother was working full time.

She didn't talk much about how she felt, no matter how I asked. All I could do was to hope that she was able to cope somehow. Her mind had been cluttered here already the past weeks because of the incident with Nicole, and I couldn't figure how she felt and what she must have been through lately.

"Sky."

I pushed through the large steel doors with a huff, waiting for Jennifer to tell me what was on her mind. I knew already. She had been worried about me recently, but there was actually no need to. I wondered how one person could manage to worry about this many things at once and take care of all of it simultaneously, too. But I didn't want her to mind the things at the academy right now.

"Are you still practising with him?"

It was always the same question, and I could never avoid it. Though she was skilled in dodging all my questions.

"Sam?" I put the phone on speaker as I stepped into the locker room to change. "Sometimes, yes."

"Why?"

"Because he's been helpful. I'm learning some new techniques."

"Sky," A long pause followed, "But they're onto something else."

I sighed, my eyes darting to the phone screen. I could picture Jennifer's expression with a frown in her features, staring disapprovingly.

"What are they onto?"

"Listen, they have always caused some trouble. You should be able to tell by the way they talk that they don't have nice intentions-" She didn't answer me again. She never did. So I cut her rambling.

"You won't tell me what that is, so I'll find out myself when the time is right, Jen."

Now she was the one to sigh, "You just won't listen, will you?"

"Come on," After tying my shoes, I jumped up, "It's just practice."

And before I could hang up, she muttered under her breath with no faith in her tone, "Let's hope that's all it is."