02

A/N:

Hey loves, here's a new update. I laughed a lot while editing this chapter. It was super cringy. But I hope it isn't anymore and you enjoy this one. We're jumping head-first into the happenings. Hope you're as excited as I am. I noticed how much I missed writing these characters. If you know them, you know them. And if you do, I love you a lot.

Sidenote: I would like to ask you to check out my newer stories as well. No pressure, of course. But I would definitely appreciate it.

Happy reading! Take care x

- L

——————————————

"I prefer when action speaks."

——————————————

"I've been looking for you everywhere, Sky," I spun on my wheel to come face to face with Kristen walking towards me. "I thought you didn't make it," She narrowed her eyes on me, though a smile played on her lips.

"I even had time to check out some places. The fighting ha-"

"What?" She cut in, "You didn't want me to show you around, but went on a stroll on your own? Are you ditching me?"

I knew she was only joking. I could tell by the way her emerald eyes glistened, teasing me, "I-"

"Mhm, sure." She didn't let me take a turn in this conversation, crossing her arms, "Did you make any new friends? Because I - for sure - won't let you-" I raised my hand, causing her to come to an abrupt halt in her rant.

"You're being dramatic," I couldn't stifle my laughter. "And I'm not very good at befriending people, so don't you worry. I will be the one not leaving your side." I didn't know that she had this random playful side to her. I already knew that I'd have a good time with her around.

"I know, I was just joking." She beamed, hugging me quick.

I raised a brow, glimpsing at her curiously, "You knew I was bad at making friends, or you knew that I don't have any friends."

Kristen licked her lips nervously, seemingly falling in deep thought, "both?"

"Great," I sighed, "Do I already give off that impression?"

"Don't worry too much about it. You have me now," She linked her arm with mine, "So what do you want to do?"

"I heard that there is a lake outside somewhere-"

"The lake it is."

—————

"Have you heard of someone named Sam Jones?" I asked Kristen as we both sat down on a bench near the lake. The moon was already out, shining above us - a full moon almost, brightening our surrounding. The sky gleamed with the last bit of red that was left from sunset. The air was fresh, breezy. My hair flowed along with the wind as I laid back, resting my back against the dark wooden bench.

"No, I haven't heard of him," Kristen turned around in her seat, her eyes glinting with interest. "Why? Did you meet him?" She asked, halving the almond croissant she had, handing me one piece.