Part 06

Important: I'm heading off to Mexico for two weeks and will not have signal what so ever. I might be able to pop in here and there & post but I might not be able to. I'll be publishing 1 or 2 more chapters after this.

XOXO - V

"Good evening Carl, welcome back." The monitor spoke. "That was by far, the most boring party I've been to in the last 25 years." Carl said as Markus pushed his chair into the house, his daughter following behind. "Every time I go to one of these, I ask myself; What the hell am I going here?" He asked himself. "I hate cocktail parties and all the schmoozers that go there." Carl ended as Lee removed his jacket and scarf. "Well it's a chance for all those people who admire your work, to meet you." Markus said- Lee nodded. "Markus is right." She agreed. "No one gives a damn about art..." Carl said bitterly. His daughter frowned. "Daddy don't say that, many people admire your work."

"Well it's true how much they're going to make out of it... come on let's go have a drink, all of the excitement of this whole thing has made me thirsty." The father said, earning a chuckle from his daughter. Markus pushed him into the living room area, Lee following so far behind. "Scotch, neat, as usual?" He asked. "Absolutely." Her father agreed. "Okay but you know what your doctor would say..." Markus teases, making Lee smile as she fixed her heels. "Yeah well he can kiss my ass, I'm old enough to choose my medication..." Carl said bitterly and Lee gasped jokingly. "Daddy, watch what you say." His daughter teased with a light laugh. Markus handed a glass of scotch to Lee and she gladly accepted if, he knew she was not one to turn down a drink. "Did you leave the light on in the studio?" Carl asked, his chair faced towards the studio. "No- no I'm sure I didn't..."

"I knew I wasn't going to be off duty tonight..." Lee sighed, downing her drink before parting her dress to the side- revealing a black lace that held a gun against her thigh. "Call the police, Markus." She instructed and he did as told.

She watched as his LED light turned yellow as he called in. "This is Carl Manferd's android at 8941 Lafayette Ave. we've just returned home and found the lights on. There may have been a break in." Markus informed. "A patrol car is on the way." A woman spoke out, loud enough for the three to hear. "Let's go check it out." The daughter said, raising her gun.

"I'm coming with you."

"No daddy you stay here, Markus follow me..." The two walked casually and calmly as possible into the studio. The door opened automatically and Tinley dropped her gun when she recognized the man in front of her.

"Leo?" Tinley questioned, sighing at her step brother. "Oh look who's here my fathers plastic toy and the perfect daughter."

"Leo... what's going on?" Carl asked as he rolled into the room. "You refuse to help me so I'm helping myself... It's crazy what some people will pay for this shit." He said, rummaging at the pile of Carls unreleased art.

"Don't touch 'em!" The father yelled. "Look they're all going to be mine sooner or later anyway, just think of it as a down payment on my inheritance." Leo informed.

"Markus get him away from there, get him out of here!" Carl yelled.

"They are gonna be mine too, but you don't see me grabbing them do you, Leo."

"Shut up Lee, you don't understand!"

"Be reasonable this isn't going to get you anywhere." Markus said, trying to reason with the eldest brother. Leo stepped out of Markus' way and looked at his father. "All you ever do is tell me to go away... What's wrong Dad? Not perfect like this fucking thing or your daughter." Before Leo was able to push Markus chest- Lee not looking him in the eyes, grabbed his wrist and glanced at him- a flare burning in her colored eyes.