My Perfect Little Life

Check it out my profile [ramenmocchi] for more stories if you're interested ❤️

- -Eloise- -

That irritating blare of the alarm. It was giving me back the headache I had last night. I slid my pillow from underneath my head and flipped it onto my head so I could fold it into an inefficient earplug from the noise.

It's okay. Just 4 more minutes and it'll snooze by itself. I was too lazy to move all the way out of my bed, to the plug-point where my phone was charging, and snooze it myself. So, I let it run. It was fine, I get used to the beeping after a while anyways.

And, just as it was fading into the distance and I fell deeper into my slumber again,

"ELOISE! I CAN HEAR YOUR ALARM, BUT I DON'T HEAR YOU GETTING UP TO TURN IT OFF!"

I groaned, softly sobbing in despair into my mattress. Why can't I just sleep? Why do I have to do things?

Begrudgingly, I shifted to the edge of the bed and let my body roll off like a whale and hit the floor with a thud. I was too sleepy to care about the throbbing pain of my rib as it fell onto an object on the ground. I just wanted this stupid alarm off so my mum would get off my ass about waking up.

Lazily, I crawled over, wrapped in my sheets and snoozed it. Finally.

I laid there, on the ground, slowly drifting back to sleep until,

"Oi! Get your lazy ass up, tubbo!" an adolescent teenage voice cracked.

That was my wonderful little brother. He's the most annoying little shit in the world. Normally, I'd beat him up for calling me that, but I didn't have the energy to care less.

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm up," I yawned, slowly lifting myself up, feeling all the cramps and hearing all my bones cracking.

My brother, Sam, jogged downstairs again, yelling, "Yeah, she's up, now stop pestering me mum."

"Eloise! Come eat breakfast! You've got 30 minutes 'till you have to go!" my mum called from downstairs.

"Coming!" I replied, rubbing my sleepy eyes.

I sighed. Well here comes another day.

It was Friday and I couldn't be bothered getting all dressy so, a bit of foundation and lip-gloss with a simple, white shirt, jeans and timberlands did the trick. I came downstairs and sat next to my brother who was face-down focused on his game at the island pantry.

Sam had already finished his omelette and orange juice, leaving it to my mum, as usual, to clean up. When was he gonna grow up and clean up after himself? Mum passed me my coffee and omelette - ham, cheddar, peppers and onion - just the way I like it.

"Dad's already gone, huh?" I asked, digging into the omelette.

My mum hummed in agreement, scurrying about the kitchen cleaning up so she could get ready to go to work. My parents were always busy these days. We've got quite the bills to pay and it's working them to the absolute bone.

We tried investment and it backfired so, we need to pay back all the money - in a bit of a tight spot right now, but, if worst comes to worst, dad says he's got a pretty rich friend that can somewhat help out.

I leaned over to the game my brother was playing - the one with the blond hero guy that goes on adventures in this magical land or something to save the princess. I wasn't that into games but was a pretty good gamer naturally. It triggered Sam to no end when a 'noob' like me beat him whenever we played together.