Chapter 53 : Sorry

*

"I've been calling him but he's not answering his phone," Baekhyun says to Sehun beside him sitting on the bed with him, "It all goes to voicemail, Sehun. What if something bad has already happened to your brother?"

"Baekhyun, don't worry about him too much. He told you he could take care of himself, right?" Sehun says, looking at him, "It's gonna be okay."

Baekhyun heaves a sigh. "Okay."

The doorbell rings, so Sehun turns to look. He gets up on the bed while Baekhyun watches him.

"Stay here, I'll get the door."

He sees Yixing outside when he opens the door, shocking him a bit. The man smiles at him.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?"

"Oh, sure. Come in."

Sehun closes the door behind them while Yixing wanders his eyes around the hotel suite.

"It's actually bigger than what it looks like outside," Yixing says, putting the food he brought on top of the table, "This suite is nice."

"Of course. Baekhyun chose it," Sehun says. He opens the plastic bag to check its contents. "Did you get here by cab? You should've told me you're gonna come over. I could've fetched you."

"I don't wanna bother you and the hospital's just nearby. It's fine if I grab a taxi," Yixing says. He spots the four housemates sleeping in the living room in front of the opened television so he smiles.

"How are they?" Yixing asks. "Aren't they troublesome?"

"I actually like them. They're a big help around the house and they keep Baekhyun company."

"That's a relief, then."

"Did you come all the way here just to ask about those four?" Sehun asks, smiling knowingly, "Or do you have any other reason?"

Yixing laughs shyly, looking away. "Is he still awake?"

"Yeah. I'll call him for you," Sehun answers. He is about to enter the bedroom when he sees Baekhyun standing by the door, staring at Yixing.

"Yixing hyung. You're here," Baekhyun says.

Yixing gives him a smile. "Can we talk for a bit?"

Sehun excuses himself, saying he's gonna sleep early, leaving Yixing and Baekhyun at the living room with the four sleeping guys.

"Are you still mad at me?" Baekhyun asks.

Yixing shakes his head. "No. I'm not even mad at you."

Baekhyun frowns. "But... you yelled at me."

"Fine, I'm sorry. I was just surprised. I didn't mean to yell at you like that," Yixing says. "I'm not angry. I swear."

"Really?"

"Really," Yixing says, "So, are we okay now?"

Baekhyun nods furiously. "Yes!"

Yixing chuckles, messing Baekhyun's hair. "Hey. Can you come with me to the convenience store?"

"Why, though?"

"I'm just gonna buy a soda. And there's something I wanna tell you."

Baekhyun nods. "Okay, I'll get my coat."

*

"Baekhyun!" Jongdae screams in front of the Park mansion. He jumps to have a view of the door. "Baekhyun! Are you in there? I knew it! You're gonna escape from me!"