EXTRA : Marriage After Story (Part 1)

*

"You know, you have nothing to wish for. You have everything-- I mean, even if you say you're adopted, you still have foster parents who treat you like you're their own son. Not only that, you're married to a rich and handsome guy, you have a bunch of crazy friends, you have a mansion, oh, a-a luxurious car, too! You've also got yourself a pet Siberian husky. Seriously, you have it all!"

"Y-yeah, I know that but..."

"So what's with the long face then?"

"Uhm... The thing is, Jongdae..."

"Oh my god, don't tell me you're not happy with him anymore?"

Baekhyun doesn't answer.

"It's nothing like that, it's just..."

"Why? Can't he pleasure you that much? Is he small?"

Baekhyun blushes. "W-what!? No!!!"

"Then what the hell is it?"

Jongdae raises the cup of coffee he is holding as he looks at his friend, waiting for him to maybe say something.

"I just... I just want to..."

"You want to?"

"To just... Me to... I mean, w-well, I want to..."

"To what?"

Baekhyun takes a deep breath. "I've decided to---"

Jongdae's eyes widen.

"Hah! I knew it! You shouldn't have married that asshole in the first place! See, your life's now in misery!" Jongdae shouts, making the people at the coffee shop turn to look at him. "It should've been Sehun! Or, or, that cool doctor guy! Oh god, seriously I--"

"But it's not what I'm gonna--"

"Has he been like, physically hurting you? Abusing you!? Raping you!?"

"WHAT!? NO! NEVER!!!"

"Don't even try to hide it, Baekhyun, because I already knew it all. I'll have the divorce papers ready as soon as possible," says Jongdae. "I know a competent lawyer back in the days and I'm sure he can get you through this."

Baekhyun slaps his forehead.

"Kim Jongdae."

"What?"

"I'm not gonna have a divorce with Chanyeol."

"W-what!?"

"Did I say something about divorce or anything like that? Did you hear me saying that?"

"No--"

"Then why are you, why are you calling that lawyer--- Get your hands off the phone, will you!"

Baekhyun graps the phone from Jongdae and puts it down the table.

"Fine. Just spill me the beans, okay? Tell me the reason why you're being so emo as f*ck."

Baekhyun looks outside, to the busy people walking and crossing the street, to the cars running down the road, to the group of students happily chatting, to the children being held by their mothers.

That makes Baekhyun suddenly smile.

He opens his mouth to say something, but the ringtone of his phone beats him to it. Somebody is calling. Jongdae is just staring at him when he answers the phone.