Chapter 75 : Next Week

*

It has been a week since Chanyeol started serving Baekhyun's family. It's also been a week since he left work. Good thing his sister is the director and he has friends who accomplish the job he left at the company.

It's okay, Chanyeol. Don't mind us here. You better fix your relationship with Baekhyun's dad first, okay?

Chanyeol, don't worry about the mansion. I'll take care of it so just enjoy your stay there!

Chanyeol smiles, recalling what his sister and Yixing told him. He's really blessed having people who cares for him though his parents are gone.

Within that one week though, Chanyeol feels that Mr. Byun doesn't hate him that much anymore. Well, the man was engaging conversations with him when the two of them would work in the farm. Jay is a man of few words, so he's also careful of what he'll answer to him.

"I heard that you have a company in Seoul," Jay says while he reads his newspaper. Chanyeol sits properly on the couch as he wipes his sweaty hands on top of his lap.

"Yes, my Dad let me manage it before he passed away. But now, my sister heads it after I got sick," Chanyeol says.

"You're sick?"

Chanyeol is startled by the question but he recovers quickly.

"I-it's not that serious, Sir. I sometimes got migraine attacks but it's not a problem since I'm taking my meds everyday."

"Is that so," Jay says, "It's good to hear it, then."

Chanyeol nods and stays quiet. He wants to ask though, if he's already approve of their marriage but the nervousness is stopping him. He also doesn't want to appear rude for thinking ahead of the elder. He just needs to wait.

Jay closes his newspaper, making Chanyeol turn to look at him.

"Follow me."

He stands up and calls Baekhyun in the kitchen. Baekhyun peeks, hearing his father call his name.

"Baekhyun, come with us."

Even though confused, Chanyeol and Baekhyun follow the man. They are taken at the back of the house, so Chanyeol feels suddenly scared.

"Don't be scared, he'll probably just gonna show you something," Baekhyun says, squeezing Chanyeol's hand.

Chanyeol is about to speak but he stops, seeing Mr. Byun getting something from the pocket of his coat. He shuts up, seeing what it is while Baekhyun hides behind his back.

"Do you know what this is?"

"Y-yes."

"What type is this?"

"It's a Glock 19, 9 millimeter pistol, Sir," Chanyeol answers after taking a deep breath. He just watches as Jay wipes the gun in his hand.

Many things are coming to his mind. Is Mr. Byun gonna ask him to shoot? Shoot an animal? Shoot a criminal?

Or shoot himself?

"Dad, why did you take that out?" Baekhyun asks. He's afraid of guns ever since he was young. He never played with them. He preferred cars and dolls when he was a kid.

"Well, I just missed hanging out with Bernardo," Jay says, smiling while caressing his gun. "It has been a while since I held it like this."

Chanyeol is quiet.

Baekhyun recalls when he was in high school. He accidentally knocked down his father's gun on top of the table. It fired and his foot almost got shot. He thought he would really lose his foot that time.