Chapter 1 : For Hire

*

"I don't need a babysitter!" Sehun yells at his brother who now has his hand on his waist, while his other hand holds the doorknob of his room, "I'm already an adult, okay? I'm literally eighteen, for heaven's sake!"

"The way you act says otherwise. You seriously need a babysitter."

"I don't want to!" Sehun blurts out. "I can handle myself, hyung. I'm a grown man!"

"Do you think I want to force you into having one? If only Mom and Dad hadn't told me to find someone who's gonna take care of you before they died, I would've not be doing this," Chanyeol says. "This is for your own sake so just listen to me."

Tired of arguing, Sehun's answer is silence followed by him lying on his bed. "Fine." He frowns. "Whatever."

Chanyeol smiles as a victory. "All right. I'm gonna be late for work so I'm heading out now. Don't ever think of inviting Jongin over. I know you two are up to nothing good."

"Okay."

Roughly five minutes after Chanyeol has left, Sehun calls his best friend on the phone.

"Hello, dude."

[Is your brother already gone?]

"Yeah, you can come over now."

[I'll be there. Love you.]

"Gross."

[Just kidding.]

"Hang up now. I don't wanna hear your ugly voice."

*

Chanyeol puts up an ad on the company's website that he needs a nanny. "Wanted Babysitter. Female. Must be 30 years old and above." He wants someone mature and motherly who can take care of his younger brother while he's at work.

Luckily, someone messages him right away few minutes after his post.

Kim Jongdae: So you need a babysitter?

Park Chanyeol: Maybe I freaking need a janitor but a babysitter would do. Isn't it obvious, Jongdae!?

Kim Jongdae: Hey, Calm down, okay. I know someone who might be interested to work for you. That person actually needs a job right now! Don't worry, that someone is smart and hardworking enough to be a babysitter.

Park Chanyeol: Oh really? Is that person qualified of the prerequisite?

It takes a while before Jongdae sends a reply.

Kim Jongdae: Of course! Trust me, you know you can count on me about stuff like this.

Park Chanyeol: Send me the contact number so I can proceed the interview with her.

After he sees Chanyeol going out of his office with a phone in hand, Jongdae taps Junmyeon's shoulder who's in the next cubicle beside him.

"Junmyeon."

"What?"

"What's 'prerequisite' again?"

*

Staring at the number on his phone, Chanyeol crosses the street together with the pedestrians, reaching the other side of the road. "I forgot to ask Jongdae her name. Maybe I'll just ask her when she replies."

He is about to send his formally composed text when someone bumped against his way. Immediately, he picks up the other person's belongings and apologizes as said person also counter-apologizes to him, cutting his sentences halfway.