Chapter 10 : Eavesdrop

*

Baekhyun arrives at the mansion, hearing lively laughter coming from the living room. What's happening? Why are they laughing?

"Really? You've grown up so much, Sehun! You've changed!"

"He still acts like a spoiled brat, though."

"I don't!"

Baekhyun is at the doorstep changing into his slippers when he sees the guys gathered in the living room with a visitor.

A beautiful visitor.

No one notices Baekhyun's arrival because everybody is busy chatting with their visitor. He just stands at the side of the door not to disturb them, also taking his time to admire the visitor's looks.

She's really pretty. She looks like a celebrity. Her face looks so smooth and her skin is beautiful. I wonder what she applies to her skin to make it glow like that.

Baekhyun's eyes go slightly downward, and he gulps. He touches his own flat chest. I will never have something like that. She's lucky.

He just grimaces to himself while noting how flawless and long her legs are. She has such long legs, while mine's too short.

She looks like a goddess. Is she a model?

Beside the girl, he notices Chanyeol  whose eyes are shining while smiling ear-to-ear. He laughs at her joke which is not even funny.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. Well, look at that. This grumpy guy is now smiling in front of a girl. Why do you look so happy, huh? And why are you sitting too close to each other?

"Baekhyun, you're here!" Yixing greets him finally, and everybody pauses to look at him.

"G-good morning," Baekhyun says shyly.

The girl gives Baekhyun a smile so he smiles back at her, too.

Chanyeol stands up and goes beside Baekhyun. He slings an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, making the male and also Sehun raise their eyebrows.

"Sandy, this is Baekhyun. He's Sehun's babysitter."

Baekhyun looks up at Chanyeol beside him. Why are you acting as if we were close? Why are you pretending like you're so kind to me?

He takes Chanyeol's arm off his shoulder, bowing in front of Sandy.

"Hello, I'm Baekhyun."

"I'm Sandy," she says. "Nice to meet you, Baekhyun."

Sehun pulls Baekhyun to his side so that he is sitting in between him and Sandy.

"You're cute," Sandy tells Baekhyun with a smile.

"Indeed he is!" Sehun butts in. "He's much more cuter than you, Sandy!"

"He looks like a puppy," Chanyeol comments. "A kicked puppy."

That makes Baekhyun frown, so Sehun smiles at him, telling him not to mind Chanyeol because he has nothing nice to say.

"Why are you so mean, Yeollie?" Sandy says.

Chanyeol blushes at the name and Baekhyun has to see that. What the heck.

"Baekhyun, Sandy here used to take care of Sehun before. She's our friend who just came back from the States."