Chapter 3 : Yellow

*

"Hey." Poke.

"Hmmm..."

"Hey." Shake.

"Whyyy..."

"Baekhyun." Slap.

"Ouch... What the..."

"Wake up. We're going home."

Hearing Chanyeol's deep voice, Baekhyun opens his eyes in alarm, flinching, and automatically wiping the drool beside his lips. Chanyeol is looking at him nonchalantly, standing in front of him as he waits for him to get back to his senses.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep! What time is it!?"

"9 o'clock. Let's go."

Baekhyun follows Chanyeol until they reach the parking lot. Chanyeol settles for the drivers seat while the shorter opens the door of the backseat.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm getting inside the car...?"

"I'm not your driver so sit here beside me. Get in."

Baekhyun is still standing outside.

"Hey! I said get inside the car."

"Oh, okay," Baekhyun answers timidly, "I'm sorry."

Chanyeol has his eyes focused on the road while Baekhyun is looking outside, taking his time admiring those big and flashy billboards. Like a child, he places his palm flat on the window.

"Wow, they're so handsome," Baekhyun mutters to himself as he stares at the nation's greatest boyband. "Especially the rapper."

"Would you stop doing that? Sit properly."

"I'm just admiring those idols, Sir. Look!" Baekhyun says, pointing at the giant poster of good-looking idols wearing expensive bags, "Don't they look cool, though? The tallest one is my favorite member."

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, trying not to laugh. "What's so cool about them? I didn't know someone like you is into this kind of stuff."

"Actually, I'm a fan of girl groups but I'm also fond of them. How about you, Sir?"

"What about me?"

"Don't you have something you are fond of?"

"There's nothing in particular."

"Any idol group you like, maybe?"

"There's none."

"How about a favorite actor?"

"No one."

"How about your favorite color?"

"And how is that even related to the question?"

"Well! I'm just asking, Sir."

"I don't have a favorite color. All colors are just the same."

"Is that so," Baekhyun whispers, "His good looks are such a waste, what a boring guy."

"Were you saying something?"

"No, Sir. I just said my house is over there. You can drop me off here."

"Where exactly?"

Baekhyun points at an apartment building. "Here."

Chanyeol stops the car in front of an apartment unit with a yellow gate.