"Oh, there's been one or two staring over here," the man mentioned.  His voice was soft, though clear.  "But they take one look at this and dismiss my presence."  He tapped at the collar adorning his throat.

   Ryota tutted and rolled his eyes heavenward.  "Foolish assumptions of the masses."  The man tilted his head to one side in question.  "The idea that you have to be an Alpha to be successful.  I'm sure there are plenty talented Beta and Omega novelists out there, given the chance."  The man just smiled, non-commitedly.  "I'm Ryota Greeneward, by the way."  Ryota belatedly introduced himself.

   "Yori," the man replied.

   "Just Yori?"  Ryota asked, but the man just nodded, slightly.  "Well, nice to meet you, Just Yori."  He glanced at his watch and noticed that his lunch break was close to ending.  "I hope to meet you again, sometime."  The rising colour in Yori's cheeks was not completely hidden in the shadowy corner, Ryota felt himself regretting being unable to pursue this and having to leave.

*****

   I think I might be attracted to him, Yori thought to himself as he stood alone beside a table of champagne flutes, oblivious to the casual glances thrown his way.  Tatsuya Himura had arranged for his grandfather's birthday party to be held in a luxurious function suite of a high-class spa hotel, the location of which happened to be in the heart of the city, not far from Himura Publishers.  It had also been clear to Yori that most of the invited guests were in fact Alpha's from wealthy backgrounds.  Tailored suits, silk ties, exquisite dresses and sparkling adornments, Yori felt that this was less a celebration and more a chance to show off in front of peers.

   Yori had come as himself, rather than as Ryu Kanuga-Sensei.  Uncle Himura knew who he was and he didn't feel the need to become the target of husband hunting elite, who assumed as Tatsuya did, that he was an Alpha.  Of course, his current appearance had raised a few eyebrows; a lone sheep amongst the wolves.  It possibly didn't help that he was due his heat in a less than a month and his scent had began to become more alluring.  Carefully, he avoided the offers of alcoholic beverages from tempted men and the poisonous glances of the women.

   "Excuse me," Tatsuya approached him not long after he had arrived, "might I see your invitation."  Yori flashed the card sent to him by the president.  It had come with a note, which Yori had wisely left at home; 'Please attend, I need someone human nearby or I might think I've been kidnapped by aliens.'  Tatsuya took several moments glancing over it, undecided over it's authenticity.  Reluctantly, he returned it.  "Forgive my rudeness, I thought I knew everyone who was on the guest list."

   "That would be because Yori's name is on my guest list," Kenta Himura informed him.  The small, wrinkled old man might have just turned 79, but his eyes were as bright as a much younger man.  That much had not changed since Yori had first met him.

   "Uncle," Yori bowed slightly.  "How are you?"

   "You would know if you cared to visit more!" The old man snapped, jovially, prodding Yori's chest with his finger.

   "Uncle?" Tatsuya questioned, his eyes wide, flickering between his grandfather and the man he had labelled as an intruder.  However, before he could question further, a broad shouldered man, whose hair was silver at the temples approached with his daughter in tow, pressing introductions upon them.  Tatsuya skilfully greeted the girl, outwardly directing his attention to her, whilst keeping Yori clear in his peripheral vision.  His grandfather praised the man commenting on his 'lovely' daughter, before satisfied, the pair moved to greet others.

   "Come with me, Yori," Kenta Himura said, suddenly.  "Let us see if they have something more satisfying to drink than what's currently on offer."