Epilogue 1: Nobody Else But The Two Of Us

Evan's POV

6 years later

"I can't believe we're getting dressed up for Jared's wedding," Connor grumbled, adjusting his tie.

"Before our own? I'm also surprised they lasted this long," Evan put on his coat.

"Well, it's Alana," Connor pointed out. "If anyone can keep that idiot in line, it's her."

"Poor girl," Evan joked

"We should warn her about him," Connor agreed, taking out his keys.

"Well, I feel like six years would teach her,"

"Six years," Connor repeated, awed. "Remember six years ago, we couldn't drive properly?" He chuckled as he started the car.

"Hey! I feel like that was an insult towards me," Evan pushed Connor.

"Hansen, everything I say is an insult," Connor grinned.

"Remember six years ago when you couldn't call me anything other than 'Hansen'?"

"It sounded like 'handsome,' though. So I was secretly embracing my inner gay while making fun of you," Connor smirked.

"Your inner gay was always obvious," Evan rolled his eyes.

"Like that time when we fell on each other and your mom walked in on us in a very compromising position?" Connor asked.

"Oh gods," Evan hid his face in shame. "I think even she shipped us."

"How's Heidi doing, anyways?" Connor added. "After she adopted those little monsters, otherwise known as Jamie and Jack, I think she'll be dead by now."

"She didn't adopt them exactly," Evan corrected. "She just watched them for Jenna when she went to college."

"I'm assuming having those kids over every day for six years and having them sleep over and having their own rooms and everything isn't adoption?" Connor questioned.

"Not legally," Evan replied.

"Are Jared and Alana taking them legally now?

"Not exactly," Evan grinned.

"Hansen, stop giving vague answers!" Connor glared at him. They stopped at a red light.

"Well, would you want to adopt them? I feel like Jared and Alana would be too busy, just like we would be."

"Wait, so what's happening to them?" Connor replied.

"Jenna wanted to take them in again," Evan shrugged. "She thinks she's mature enough."

"How's her hot British boyfriend doing with that?"

"Fake hot British boyfriend, might I add," Evan said. "You really think that 'Nathan' is real?"

Connor's mouth dropped open. "What?"

"Oh, Connor," Evan chuckled. "There is much you have yet to learn about the Kleinmans."

"So, Jenna's our single friend?" Connor parked into the venue.

"Basically. We need to get her someone, though. And preferably we won't mess up with her boyfriend like we did for Alana," Evan smiled.

"I mean, in the end," Connor added. "It all turned out alright."

"I heard Jayden's actually attending, though," Evan mentioned, his face turning annoyed.

"Oof," Connor mumbled.

"Alana's too nice. But if Jared sees him, I think he'll blow a fit," Evan warned.