Chapter 7 (End of Eternal Darkness): Learning to Accept

Toshiro sat on a rock, letting the rain roll off of him. He was hurt, emotionally and physically. He growled out a deep sigh and startled himself. He wasn't used to being in this form. In fact the last time he ever got close to becoming what he is now, was when he killed that kid in the soccer field. He looked down.

"Ichigo..." he muttered. He was hurt deeply when Ichigo asked what he was. Couldn't Ichigo see it? Despite all the rough skin and the grotesque shape, Toshiro was still Toshiro. He looked so frightened; Ichigo was scared of him. Toshiro couldn't take the look or the harsh words he said.

"You will never accept me!"

Toshiro roared at the sky and flared his nose. He turned his head and growled lowly.

"Momo, what are you doing... You knew. Didn't you?" He asked.

"Toshiro, I know everything! I knew but I was afraid to tell you!" She cried. She held her arm where it was cut and blood slid down her fingers. " I'm part vampire too. I understand your curse!"

Toshiro turned fully to her. "How can you possibly understand anything I'm going through?" Toshiro yelled.

"You have the curse of the demon. I have the curse of bearing it as well. I don't have the actual curse, but by not telling you, it was like I had it as well. I couldn't tell you because you would feel like nobody would accept you at all, no matter where you went or who you were with. That's why... that's why I didn't change you when you met Ichigo..." Momo sobbed.

Toshiro growled and flew toward Momo. Her head snapped up with her arm.

"Shakkaho!"

A red fire ball met Toshiro head-first and knocked him down. Momo huffed. It had been a while since she used a spell like that, even if it was low level. She saw Toshiro get up and shake his head and growl at her. She moved away from his next attack and fired another. Toshiro got up and roared, making everything in his screeching range freeze in his path. Momo blocked and covered herself in fire, to keep from getting hurt. But as soon as she put down her guard , she was hurtled to the ground and pushed down on.

"Toshiro!"

Said vampire demon looked back at Ichigo and snarled. "What do you want? Stay away from me!"

Ichigo huffed, and ran into Toshiro knocking him down. Toshiro threw him off and stood up.

"What do you want Ichigo? You can accept me like this! No one can!" he roared. He bit his lip as a sudden pain went through his chest.

Ichigo didn't move for a while, up coughed up blood and rolled to his side. Toshiro backed up a little.

"I-Ichigo... are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Toshiro asked a little panicky. This was his first time ever hitting Ichigo like that and making him bleed. He was shocked and scared.

Ichigo sat up. "I realized something, Toshiro." he said. " I.. I don't care what others think about you, I don't care how much pain and suffering I'm in. All I know is... Is that I can't live without you, no matter what you look like on the out or the inside. Because I love you so much Toshiro. I don't want to let some curse get in between us. Or any hidden secret..."

Toshiro walked toward Ichigo and hugged him. Slowly Toshiro became smaller, and thinner, and more like himself. Ichigo held Toshiro in his embrace and whispered in his ear.

"Don't hide the darkness away from me anymore, Yuki-ouji. Because where ever it is, my light will dispose of it."

Toshiro fainted in Ichigo's arms; leaving Ichigo to hold them both up. Ichigo cried out in pain, the embedding wound becoming too much for his weakened body. Momo ran over and dropped down beside them, taking Toshiro off of Ichigo and healing Ichigo.