Chapter 13: Christmas Party love

Toshiro slipped on a pair of white jeans and a long sleeved black shirt. He rummaged through his dresser to find a pair of socks and his winter clothing. When located, he put them on and walked down the stairs. He looked at Momo and Granny who were curled up on the couch watching Christmas movies and eating cookies, and announced his leaving.

"Bye Shiro-chan! Have fun and be safe!" Momo called.

"Bye." he said giving Momo a hard glare for using his childhood nickname. He grabbed the red wrapped present on the front table and left of the door, making sure it was locked. He sighed, breathing in the nice cool air and started on is way to Ichigo's house.

"I hope today will be fine. I've seen no sign of Gin and Aizen lately." Toshiro muttered aloud. "I wonder what those bastards are up to."

He dropped the vampire matters as he approached Ichigo's house and knocked on the door. It opened and Karin smirked smugly.

"Hey Toshiro-san. Ichigo's almost ready." she said and allowed the teen inside.

"Want some hot chocolate? Yuzu made it." Karin asked.

"No thanks. I think there will be some at the party." Toshiro said.

"Alright, if ya say so." she said grabbing a cup that was already full of chocolate. "Ichigo! Hurry up, Toshiro-san's waiting for you!"

"Alright, alright! I'm coming!" Ichigo yelled comming out of his room, with a white wrapped present.

Toshiro smiled. "Ready?"

"Let me get my shoe on first." Ichigo said holding up one shoe. He put it on and tied it up. "Okay, ready."

"Bye Ichigo. Be safe this time and don't get lost." Karin said.

Ichigo sighed. "Whatever Karin. Bye."

They left out the door and walked down to the street. Toshiro was curious. Ichigo never told him where the party was being held. But he guess he wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hey Ichi." Toshiro asked.

"Yea?"

"Where is the party being held? You never told me." Toshiro said.

Ichigo nibbled on his lip. He purposely didn't tell him because it was at...

"It's at Renji's house.." Ichigo said.

"Oh..."

"Do you still wanna go?" Ichigo asked hopefully. "It's better than sitting around the house singing Christmas carols with my dad."

"Fine. I'll go."

They arrived at the party, which was already in full swing. Ichigo and Toshiro left their presents under the tree, where everyone else was putting them. Toshiro looked around at the moving bodies and sighed.

"So what do we do?" Toshiro asked. "I've never been to any party before."

"Well...We dance." Ichigo said taking Toshiro out onto the floor.

Toshiro and Ichigo giggled sitting down by the drinks and snacks when the song ended. They sighed and grabbed a few pieces of candy and a cup before talking.

"Having fun?" Ichigo asked.

Toshiro nodded. "Yeah. Turned out way better than expected."

Ichigo laughed at the added comment. "Renji throws good parties. None of them turned out too wild or too boreing."

"I see. So when do we pass out the presents?"

"Iunno... If I could find Renji, I'll ask him." Ichigo said.

"Kay. Go find him. I'll be okay." Toshiro said.

Ichigo gave toshiro a kiss on the cheek, and winked. Confused, he blinked and blushed. Ichigo laughed.

"We're under the mistle-toe." he said pointing to the ceiling.

Toshiro looked up and smiled. "Oh. I see."

Ichigo left, looking for Renji and located him by the tree. He smiled on approachment and called him. "Hey, Renji."

Renji smiled."Ichigo, you made it. Where's your boyfriend?"

"Sitting down. When are we passing out presents?" Ichigo asked.

"Right now."

"Alright. Lemme go get Toshiro."

"Whatever."

Ichigo frowned, and went to go get Toshiro. "I wonder why he's so hostile to Toshiro."

Toshiro saw Ichigo and stood up. "What did he say?"

"We're about to pass out presents now."

"Alright! Everyone please pay attention!" Renji called. "Everyone grab your present and give it to who ever you are going to give it to."

Everyone dove under the tree and grabbed the presents. Ichigo grabbed Toshiro's present and Toshiro grabbed Ichigo's present.

"Merry Christmas, Yuki-ouji." Ichigo said.

"Merry Chirstmas, Ichi." Toshiro said.

They exchanged presents and unwrapped them. Ichigo smiled brightly and held up a t-shirt. Something fell into Ichigo's lap and he gasped.

"Oh, wow! Skyrift? How did you know I wanted this?" Ichigo asked.

"I asked your dad. He was going to get it for you but, he let me." Toshiro said.

"Thank you... Unwrap yours. You're gonna like it." Ichigo said.

Toshiro finished ripping the paper off, and lifted out a dragon. It's eyes were a crimson red, and on the stand it read, "Hyorinmaru". Toshiro smiled.

"Thank you. I do like it."

"Wait, there's more." Ichigo said.

Toshiro looked in the box and dug around. He felt a chain and grabbed it, lifting it out. He gasped. It was a necklace with Toshio's name engraved in the shape of a heart. He opened it and on the side it read.

"Don't forget! 8/25!"

That's the day we met. Toshiro realized. He looked at Ichigo. "I won't forget."

Ichigo and Toshiro left the party soon after gifts were done being given out, and walked home in silence. They arrived at Ichigo's house first. Toshiro let go of Ichigo's hand and the carrot-top stopped at the door. He smiled.

"I like the present. Thanks Toshiro."

"You're welcome. I liked your's too.."

Ichigo turned the knob. "Bye."

"Wait."

Ichigo turned and was surprised by a full kiss on the lips. Toshiro smiled and looked up. "A mistle-toe."

Ichigo laughed. "Oh. Bye."

"Bye."

Toshiro arrived at home with a smile. He walked up the steps and turned the knob. When he walked inside, the house was dark. He gasped as the scent of vampires filled his nose. He turned around, and felt something enter his chest. Toshiro fell to the floor...

At his house, Ichigo suddenly felt his chest throb. He held it and frowned.

"What's wrong...?" he asked himself. Something told him quickly what was wrong. He looked out the window to his bedroom and gasped. "Toshiro's in trouble..."