Chapter 4: Orihime's Help

Orihime knocked softly on Ichigo's office door and poked her head inside to look around. She sighed and walked in closing the door. "He's not in here..." she muttered. She put the release papers on his desk and knocked over a picture. She picked it up and looked at it with a broad smile.

Ichigo and Toshiro had just graduated from college when they took the picture. As a gift Ichigo's father left him the clinic and retired. Then in December Ichigo proposed to Toshiro and had a hectic time settling down with the nervous vampire. Orihime smiled and put the picture down. She walked out the door closing it behind her and was called by a nurse.

"Yes?" Orihime asked.

"Miss Inoue, someone wants to see you."

Orihime frowned. "Where are they?"

"She's in your office. She said it's urgent." the nurse said.

Orihime walked to her office confused. If it was Toshiro, she would've said so. Who else could want her? She opened the door to her office and the familiar brunette stood up. Orihime closed the door and looked at her. "Momo Hinamori-san? Why are you doin' here?"

Momo looked down. "Orihime-san... Can you help me?"

"Help? Are you sick or injured?" Orihime asked leaning over.

Momo blushed and pierced her lips." Well it would be best if we could talk else where... I don't want Ichigo walking in on us."

"Is it about Ichigo or Toshiro?" Orihime gasped.

"Well...not yet. When do you get off?" Momo asked.

"I'm not busy. I can take my break now." Orihime said. "I was just doing my last minute work."

"Okay."

Momo and Orihime sat in the coffee shop in a quiet area and settled in before talking. Momo took a deep breath and thumbed over her cup.

"Orihime, what I'm about to tell you will either result in a catastrophe and a life-time's worth of scarring, or a savior." Momo said. She looked at Orihime. "As you well know, Toshiro is a vampire. You've known since the end of your high school year, am I correct?"

Orihime nodded.

"He's also a Demon Vampire."

Orihime gasped. "A Demon Vampire? So what is that?"

Momo sighed. "Toshiro is half-demon, half-vampire. He only transforms if something of great value is in danger..."

"Oh.. How do you know all of this, Momo?" Orihime asked after taking a quick sip.

Momo sighed and sat up. "I am part vampire. I'm also part mage. I've known Toshiro for a long time. Even before he was born." She giggled. "I can't stand drinking human blood and I've been quite accustomed to consuming human food. You looked confused for a while Orihime, is that what you wanted to ask?"

Orihime nodded. "Thank you. So what does Toshiro's vampire demon have to do with all of this?"

"When I was training with my Granny, we took a young boy named Kusaka to live with us. He was human with the potential to learn magic. After a while I was given a task to do. I was to find and transform the demon vampire... And that's when they sent Toshiro to come live with us." Momo ran a hand through her hair and took a long sip. "I had to wait until he became fifteen, and was in high school. But then I was told something."

Orihime blinked. "What was it?"

"I found out that Toshiro had found the last remaining Angel human." Momo said. "I couldn't believe it. The Angel humans were supposed to had died out a long time ago."

"What do they do?" Orihime felt really interested.

"They were the only race of humans to ever accept the demon inside a vampire. Their blood is described as sweet as cake or sour as a lemon. It all depended on the vampire's taste actually. Toshiro doesn't know... He doesn't know that Ichigo is the last Angel Human."

Orihime nodded. "So your friend Kusaka... He knows?"

"Yes. He plans on using a staff called The Staff of Bloodied Vampires to change Toshiro in to his Demonic form." Momo said. "I can't tell him... I'm afraid he'll hate me forever."

"Why?"

"Because that was my job. I gave the job up because I noticed how much Toshiro care for Ichigo when he got kidnapped. That's also a power the Angels have. They can become attached to the vampire and sense when somethings wrong with the other." Momo explained.

"And if you would have kept the job, Kusaka wouldn't be here right now doing all of this, right?" Orihime asked.

Momo nodded. "Yes. Orihime, this is what I ask you. I want you to tell Toshiro about himself. But I don't want you mentioning Kusaka to him."

"Okay. Are you going to tell Ichigo?"

Momo nodded her head again. "Yeah. Thank you Orihime. I'm glad I was able to seek some help and get some of the burden off. I still have to worry about our curse though."

"Your curse... You shoulder the burden of the vampire, don't you?" Orihime said. "While Toshiro doesn't know anything, you do, and you don't want him to think he can't be accepted by anyone."

"Yes. Shiro-chan is like a little brother to me. I want to protect him."

"I understand. I have to go." Orihime gathered her things. "I need to be at the clinic. I promise not to tell Ichigo"

"Thanks Orihime."

"Your welcome."

Kusaka smirked."Well done Hinamori. Nicely managed. You've split the burden, I see. But how will you manage when the worst will happen right before your eyes?"

He knocked on the door and smiled brightly. "My my, we haven't changed in the last twenty-four years now have we, Toshiro?"

Toshiro's eyes went wide as saucers. "K-Kusaka?"