Chapter 4: Enemies in hiding

"You're a...a vampire?"

Toshiro looked down."Yes...I am."

Ichigo left his mouth wide open in total shock. He didn't know what to do. If he ran and screamed like a little girl, Toshiro could kill him. But if he kept them under wraps...Them could he stay alive?

"Umm so what are you gonna do about it?" Ichigo asked just above a whisper. "Are you going to kill me?"

"No. I won't."Toshiro said standing up.

Ichigo stood up with him."Y-you won't? Why?"

"Because, your blood is rare. It's satisfying and...It's hard to explain, okay?"

Ichigo nodded, still reeling from the news."So... who else knows?"

"My cousin. Just you and her." Toshiro said walking ahead.

Ichigo followed behind him."Oh, well if it's just me and her, who do you feed on?"

"The both of you."

"How?"

Toshiro didn't want to explain this mess right now. He was tired and in need of sleep. But Ichigo would bother him the next morning at school about this, so best to explain now than never or later.

"If I don't drink all of your blood, my saliva heals your wound. It's disgusting." Toshiro explained shortly.

"Oh, that's why my cut is gone..."Ichigo said looking at his finger.

"Yeah. Along with my healing abilities, I can sniff out any scent, and resist the sun light." Toshiro said.

Ichigo nodded his head."Cool. You're pretty cool for a vampire. Is that all?"

"Pretty much. Well except the whole I can turn into a bat thing."

"You can't?"

"No, but I can grow bats wings out of my back."

Ichigo cringed."That sounds like it hurts."

Toshiro smirked."Not really." He stopped suddenly and looked down a certain street. "My house is down this way."

Ichigo nodded."My is continuing down this way." He scratched his head."So, I'll meet you here tomorrow?"

Toshiro nodded."Sure."

Night time came around, and found Toshiro on top of his house looking over the town. He frowned slightly looking about. 'Where are they? I couldn't have gotten rid of them for this long...' Toshiro thought. He sighed and looked back to see a girl with brown hair and brown eyes come up on top with him. She sat down and sighed.

"Are you still looking for them?" the girl asked.

"Yes Momo. They've followed me up until I was walking home." Toshiro said.

"Maybe they got bored with watching you." Momo kidded, which earned her a hard glare from Toshiro.

"This is not a game. I've already put you and Granny in danger."

"But they've never attacked us before." Momo sighed. "Why don't you go to sleep? You've got school tomorrow."

Toshiro sighed."Fine."

Momo stood up and let Toshiro streatch out his wings, they floated down to Momo's bedroom and Toshiro dropped her off.

"Goodnight Shiro." Momo said.

"Night Bed-wetter." Toshiro smirked.

........

"Looks like Shiro has a new friend eh?"

"So it seems..."

"Want meh ta find out how it tastes?

"Do what you want. We can't possibly do anything more to make him more alert."

"Are ya sure? He wa' lookin' fer us earlier."

"Yes, I know that."

"A'ight. If you say so."

.......

Ichigo collasped on his bed after finishing up his homework for school. He sighed and closed his eyes, a small smile spreading on his face.

'I just might get the chance...' he thought.

He snapped his eyes open when there was a tap on his window. He sat up and frowned in shock, as he opened the window.

"Hi Toshiro...Um, why are you here?" Ichigo asked.

"I need to eat. My cousin is sick and I can't feed off of her now." Toshiro said.

"Oh, well I'm still new to the whole 'Vampire sucking" thing, so what do I do?"

"Crane your neck and I'll do the rest."

Ichigo swallowed and nodded."Okay." he said craning his neck.

Toshiro opened his mouth and sank in his fangs. Ichigo winced as the sharp objects entered his flesh and sighed, as his energy was being taken away. Toshiro lifted up and sighed with a hidden smirk.

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow." Toshiro said, licking Ichigo's neck.

Ichigo fell back on his bed, instantly falling asleep before Toshiro made it out of the window.

But what Ichigo didn't know was...that wasn't Toshiro at all...

It was someone from Toshiro's past...

Someone that wants him gone..

And Toshiro knows that, he knows very well.