Chapter 3: Secrets

Toshiro stretched, sighing contently to himself. He sniffed the air, an irritated groan emitting from his throat as he stood up to go take a shower. He grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. When he emerged, feeling cleaner than he did before, he walked in to the kitchen to go grab a packet of blood in the fridge. He looked inside and found that the lasagna, from two nights ago, had been tampered with. He stuck the straw through and closed the door, walking to his small collection of books.

He was reading for a while, then became bored. He closed the book and sighed, tossing it aside and picking up the empty packet. He tossed it into the trash, and sighed. The phone rang suddenly, causing the young vampire to nearly jump clean out of his skin. He then started cursing the humans for inventing the loud devices, and Ichigo for ever buying one. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Shiro-chan." said a female voice.

"What is it Momo?" Toshiro sighed.

"Can I come over? I.. want to talk to you." Momo said shakily.

"Sure." Toshiro mumbled scratching his head. He hung up and decided to pick up a little before
Momo came over.

Which wasn't long at all. Toshiro answered the door and let his cousin inside.

"Hey Toshiro."

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Toshiro said.

Momo fidgeted a little. "Well.. There was something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now..."

Toshiro crossed his arms. "Alright. What is it?"

"I was wondering... if you knew.."

"If I knew what?" Toshiro asked.

The room's atmosphere suddenly darkened with the sky. Momo looked down, fiddling with her fingers.

"Umm... well it's... the... reason.. you..."

Toshiro frowned and looked up. "Just tell me Momo. What are you afraid of?"

Momo shook her head. "I'm so sorry for bothering you Toshiro! It's nothing!" she yelled running out the door.

Toshiro watched his cousin fly out the door. He caught the swiftly closing door, nearly smashing his hand, and barly grabbed her by the arm. "Momo! Why are you acting like this?"

The tearful brunette wiped her eyes and shook her head vigorously. "No! I can't tell you... You'll.. hate me forever..."

Toshiro frowned at the choice of words. How in the world could he possibly hate Momo for anything? She was his best friend, more like a big sister he was sworn to protect. What exactly could she not tell him, that if she would he would hate her?

Momo snatched her hand away. "I'm sorry... It's too much right now..."

Toshiro grabbed her shoulder. "Hinamori, I have all the time in the world to listen to you. And I promise whatever you have to-"

"No!" Momo cut him off sharply. "I... I can't tell you.."

She ran to the car and put in the key. She gave Toshiro a teary glace before pulling out and driving off. Toshiro looked down and cluthed his hands.

'Momo.. what's bothering you so badly?'

Momo slammed the door shut and broke down into tears. She sank into a sitting position wailing away. She just couldn't tell him. It was too much pressure on her.

"Do you need a tissue?"

Momo hiccuped and blew her nose. "Wh-what are you doing here Kusaka?"

"My best friend is crying. I came to see what was wrong." A sudden smirk spread across his face. "I'm guessing you didn't tell him? Your time is running quickly, Hinamori."

"Shut up Kusaka! You better leave them alone!" Momo growled.

"Oh, so leave the human alone too? But he's the fun part." Kusaka laughed.

"Ichigo... what do you want with him too?" Momo asked.

"Well... nothing really. I just want him to make Toshiro crazy."

"What? Toshiro's Demon-"

"Oh, so you see it all now." Kusaka applauded.

"Ichigo's blood... No Kusaka! Don't do it!"

"Hmm hmm hmm... Then why didn't you do it when you had the chance? Eh, Hinamori?"

"I... I.."

Kusaka snapped his fingers. "No answer? I'll be leaving then. I highly suggest you sorta split the burden, if you want to lift everyones...'curse'."

Momo hung her head. "Split the..." Her head shot up. "Split the burden?"

Momo reached for the phone and dialed some numbers. "Hello? Yes, is Orihime Inoue going to be at work tomorrow? I would like to make an appointment..."