35: The Final Verdict

You finally reached the main building

You finally reached the main building. The hallways were deserted since it was the middle of classes. You quickly made your way to your classroom, earning yourself a few curious stares from students who happened to look through the window when you passed by.

The board didn't believe in us, but they'll probably believe in him. They've got to!

You slid open the door to your classroom, and stood by the doorway for a couple of seconds to catch your breath.

"Ya!" The teacher, which you expected to be Mr. Bae, said looking very surprised. You remembered that Mr. Bae is part of the board and guessed that h must be his substitute. He gave you a flustered look as he looked at you from head to foot. You knew you must have looked like someone who escaped from a psych ward. Not to mention your eyes were still puffy and your nose was still swelling, and you also have that big bruise on your wrist. You were sure you were not quite a sight to behold.

You immediately ran towards your desk, ignoring him.

"Kris-sshi," you said in between heavy breaths as you stood at the aisle between yours and Kris' desk. "I really need your help. Please come with me," you said in a hurry and bowed a hundred degrees.

"Joo Ri?" Sehun muttered while he and the rest of the class stared at you in surprised confusion.

You stood up from your bow when Kris didn't answer. He was just staring at you with a blank expression. You gave a sigh and pulled him by the wrist. "I'll explain later," you said. He looked surprised but he didn't struggle.

"Sonsaengnim, I'm borrowing Wu Kris for a while. Please excuse us," you gave a quick bow and dragged Kris out of the classroom. But he halted the moment you reached the hallway.

"Speak," he said.

"Wha...?" You asked rather dumbly because you were shocked that he suddenly stopped.

"What do you need?" He asked in usual monotone.

"Oh, sorry. Please come with me to Kai and Chaneyeol's hearing. I've told the board regarding Lee Hee Jun harassing me but they don't believe me or the soccer team. And it was my fault because I lied to Doctor Jung regarding the bruise I got from that incident at the storage room," you said and hastily showed him your arm with the bruise. "So please, I need you to tell them what happened. You're the only one who can change their minds. Please back me up," you bowed.

A few seconds passed but Kris didn't answer. You stood from your bow and looked at him. He was just staring at you while you tried to figure out what he was thinking. You have said everything in an incoherent haste that you were not sure if it made any sense to Kris, or if he would even care.

"They're at the final hearing right now. And any minute from now they're gonna get expelled. It's not true that they are violent. They only did what they did because of what Lee Hee Jun did. Because they wanted to protect me. Because I am their friend," you said, your voice cracking.