23: Secret Mission

"Ahhh! Finally, lunch," you sighed as you were about to head back to the girls' dorm to deposit your things back to your room

"Ahhh! Finally, lunch," you sighed as you were about to head back to the girls' dorm to deposit your things back to your room. You were at the cafeteria and had just finished with your tutorial with Kris. Your head was slightly hurting since Kris was being a Spartan again with your assessment exam.

"Joo Ri!" Chanyeol called you from their table and motioned for you to come.

"What's up?" You asked when you reached their table. You couldn't help but to smile sweetly at Lay when your eyes met.

"Studying hard?" Lay asked and nodded at your stuff which you were carrying.

"Not really. I just had my Monster Essentials tutorial," you told him.

"I heard it's with angry bird," Chen said.

"Angry bird?"

"That Chinese guy in your class who looks like he's always in a bad mood," Chen said while trying to imitate Kris' expression.

"Hahaha! He's not really angry. He's just...well, he just naturally looks like that, I guess," you told him.

"Have a seat Joo Ri," Xiumin invited you and made space between him and Chanyeol.

"Thanks but I'm actually heading back to the girls' dorm," you told him.

"But we need you here," Baekhyun said.

"We're having a meeting," Xiumin informed you.

"Then all the more reason for me to leave you guys alone," you answered.

"When I said we, I meant including you," Xiumin told you.

"You're part of the team now, Joo Ri," Lay told you.

"Welcome, manager!" Chen saluted.

"Yeah, about that...I didn't exactly...agree...to becoming your manager," you told them while scratching your head.

"C'mon now Joo Ri, it's gonna be fun!" Chanyeol said while putting his arm around you.

"Or don't you like us?" Baekhyun asked.

"No!"

"Oh," Baekhyun and Lay muttered at the same time.

"I meant no, it's got nothing to do with that. I do like you guys but, I'm just not cut out to be your manager. I don't even know how soccer works," you told them.

"You don't have to, it's not like you're actually playing," Kai told you.

"You're just gonna help us organize stuff," Xiumin explained.

"Organize. You think I'm good with that," you laughed.

"Honestly, not really," Chen answered and got a light slap on the shoulder from Chanyeol. "Hey, I'm just saying. She looks clumsy."