24: Overnight

It was a little after six when you arrived at MA

It was a little after six when you arrived at MA. Chen and Xiumin met you by the school gates.

"Where's Suho-hyung?" D.O. asked.

"He's at the dorms with the others," Xiumin answered. "Did you get everything?"

"Yep," Lay answered.

"What the heck, is that for Suho-hyung?" Chen asked as he stared at the bouquet of balloon in your hands.

"No," Lay laughed. "It's...a welcome gift to our new manager. Right Joo Ri?...Joo Ri?"

"A-huh?" You snapped out of your daze and stared blankly at Lay.

"She does space out," Xiumin remarked.

"Sorry," you muttered.

You have not been listening to the conversation. Your mind was lost in the memory of what happened earlier.

"You're beautiful Joo Ri, no matter what other people say..."

What Lay said kept on replaying itself inside your brain and you had to resist the urge to giggle and squeal and lose your mind every time you remember it.

"I'm gonna put the food at the cooking club's kitchen," D.O. took the ingredients including the drinks and carried everything in one hand, which was a good distraction for you. He held out his other hand to Lay. "Marker," he said.

"Oh, wait," Lay said as he rummaged for a marker from the banner materials and handed it to him. He scribbled his name into the plastic bags.

"What if someone from the cooking club uses your ingredients?" You asked them.

"Don't worry. No one touches anything that has D.O.'s name on it," Lay told you.

"Except for Suho-hyung," Chen laughed. "He steals D.O.'s food all the time," he told you. D.O. went to the direction of the cooking club right after.

"How about these?" Kai asked, referring to the bags he was carrying.

"Let's put these in my room for the mean time," Lay told him.

"Joo Ri, did you get what I asked?" Chen asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's among the food bags that D.O. took," you told him.

"Oh, okay. I'll just get them tomorrow," he said.

The boys went to their dorms while you went to yours. Ji Min screamed like crazy when she heard the story behind the balloons. The two of you met up with the team later around dinner. They had insisted that you eat with them during meals.

"Where are all the stuff?" Chanyeol whispered.

"It's in Lay's room," you whispered back.

"What are you whispering about?" Suho asked.