20: Monster in the Water

"What is it?" You asked irritably

"What is it?" You asked irritably. You were glaring down at Lu Han with your arms crossed. He looked up at you and took his earphones off.

"Sit down," he said while nodding at the seat across him. He was occupying one of the empty study tables at the student lounge and was playing with his rubik's cube again.

"I don't want to. Whatever it is you want, say it now. I'm busy," you answered and remained standing.

"With what? Fantasizing with that?"

You followed his line of vision and saw Lay's pencil still clutched in your hand. You guiltily tucked it in one of your uniform's pockets. "I'm not!"

"Sorry. I'm not good with maths," he said in a high-pitched voice, imitating you earlier at the library. "If you keep being too obvious, he will notice in no time."

"What?"

"He likes cute girls," he added, while giving you an 'and-you're-definitely-not-one-of-those' look.

"Did you call me here just to annoy me? If you're done then I'm going."

"Yes, and no I'm not done," he said while shoving a pile of notebooks towards the center of the table. "Copy Sehun's notes to mine."

"And why should I be the one doing this?"

"Because my hands are sore," he said.

"Then stop playing with that stupid cube!"

"I don't want to," he said while twisting the cube more rapidly, annoying you all the more. "And besides, you're my slave."

"Slave," you laughed incredulously. "You said I was only gonna help you."

"Isn't that the same thing?" He asked coolly. You stared at him, looking like you were ready to strangle him to death. "What? You agreed to it," he said.

"That was only because you forced me to."

"Correction, I didn't force you. You had all the freedom to accept the deal or not."

"It was blackmail!" You snapped. Lu Han just shrugged uncaringly. You didn't notice that your voice had gotten a little loud and some students were already staring your way.

You took a very deep breath before taking the seat across him. You realized that you were only embarrassing yourself in front of the other students with all the yelling and that there was no way you'll win this argument. You glared at him, mentally tearing him into a million bloody pieces.

How did this oaf find out about Lay anyway?

You pulled the notes closer to you and started working begrudgingly on the ones on top.

"I thought you didn't want to sit down," he goaded. You stabbed his pen on his notebook as you wrote a period while giving him a sour look. "Careful. If you damage my notebook you're gonna have to buy me a new one and rewrite everything," he said calmly and went back to his cube. "Make sure to write everything neatly," he added and put his earphones back on.