18: Monster Stuff

Your eyes fluttered open. Warm sunlight was streaming on your face and you shifted contentedly on your bed.

"Morning!" Ji Min greeted you. She was sitting on her bed, removing her running shoes. It looked like she had just arrived from jogging.

"Morning," you answered sleepily.

"I already took breakfast. I was gonna wait for you but I figured you wouldn't be waking up any time soon."

"It's okay," you answered.

"You really are not a morning person. It's pretty late already."

You glanced at the clock. It was a few minutes before ten thirty. "It's actually earlier than my usual wake-up time."

"Really?" Ji Min asked unbelievably.

"If I don't set the alarm on, I usually wake up around lunch time, except when I'm at a place that I'm not comfortable in like a new place or a hotel or someone else's house or somethaaaaangwm!" You gave a big yawn and stretched on your bed. You hugged Totoro tighter. "I love weekends because I usually don't have something to do –"

You suddenly stopped. You threw another look at your alarm clock and your eyes grew wide in horror.

"OH SHOOT!" You muttered and jolted from your bed.

"What's wrong?" Ji Min asked when you suddenly made a dash for the bathroom.

"I forgot I have a tutorial today! Crap!" You yelled from inside.

"What? What time?"

"Nine o'clock!"

"What?! You're already late! Very late!"

"I know!"

You came out a few minutes after. Not really having the time to decide which things to bring, you just grabbed your schoolbag and ran out.

"I'll see you later!" You said to Ji Min as you closed the door behind you. You ran like crazy towards the school and headed straight to the library. You bolted through the door and spun your head around to find Kris. Your grand entrance brought a few interested stares from the other students and a not-so-pleased look from the librarians.

"Oh no, he already left," you muttered to yourself.

"Excuse me," one of the librarians said irritably. "You are disturbing the other students. Are you going to just stand there or –"

"Oh there he is!" You exclaimed, cutting her off. Kris was sitting in one of the tables near the windows. You hurriedly ran over to him.

"I'm very sorry I'm late!" You blurted out and bowed a hundred and ten degrees. Kris put down the book he was reading and turned his attention to you. You didn't know if he was angry or what since his expression is as cold as always.