23

-Lisa-

I sat comfortably on my seat, leaning forward as my arms stood on top of my table to support my head. My eyes were open, at least, I did my best to not let them close.

It was already afternoon and during those hours, I always felt sleepy and during the summer, not a day passed by without me sleeping during that time. And now, I wanted to sleep, but I knew I shouldn't, so I fought back and kept my eyes open towards the teacher.

From another's point of view, it would look like I was eager to learn more and looked to be interested with the topic she was discussing, but I know myself. I was just looking at the teacher as if I was truly falling deeper into her words, but I only did it to avoid being scolded and be laughed at once seeing my eyes were close to coming down.

The wind had dried my eyes slightly and I blink a few times, my eyes feeling a small sting.

I hid a yawn under a sigh and leaned back at my chair, staying as quiet as possible to not grab any attention of the students in the classroom, even if they'll just steal a glance, I wasn't gonna appreciate that, not being mean, though. Like I had said, I didn't like unnecessary attention.

The teacher moved from her laptop and back again at the board to write down what she had typed in the gadget, which, with full honesty, looked really tiring. And I looked at the expressions of a few classmates that were also encountering her actions, and most looked to not really care, while others looked to be stopping themselves from rolling their eyes—they were annoyed.

I nodded my head and pursed my lips unexpectedly and I asked myself why, but never did get an answer. But, I didn't really care.

I looked at my wrist and saw that it was empty, with no Saturn to fill it in, and I kept it like that. Although I loved how Saturn looked in my wrist, I did my best to not draw it there everyday to avoid getting diseases I have heard from my mother.

She sees Saturn always present on my wrist and although she used to write on her wrist when she was young—she told me back when I was in middle school, she found to not like that idea because it can cause various diseases if the ink of your pen enters the microscopic holes your skin has. At least, that's what she said.

And I didn't like the idea of being transmitted to a hospital just because of a habit. Being sick was not what I wanted at the moment, especially that my father's coming home. Again, it was better safe than to be sorry, things happen unexpectedly, I found.

And though I felt quite naked without Saturn, I looked forward again, seeing our teacher do the actions she was doing at the start of our period.

I wrote down the important words I needed to take note in my notebook and made sure to neaten my handwriting, because if my handwriting looked awful, I would somehow lose my energy and motivation to study, which is bad, really, really bad.

I heard a small chuckle beside me, and I knew who it was right away, of course I do. I have gotten used to his silent giggles and secret chuckles that went on from time to time, but not really.

From afar, he would still look like the the type of guy that would love it when girls go over him, but that is why we don't judge a book by its cover, right?

Right.

I didn't look at him, quite afraid to get lost at staring at him for too long without any reason at all, to be later on caught by him. I didn't want to hear another joke that would come from him saying 'he was too attractive that I had too keep my eyes glued onto him.'

No, not another one of those jokes, at least, not now.

I continued writing, my eyes looking up from time to time to see what phrase or word comes after the other, and I complain in my head head at how tiring copying notes actually is.