11

-Lisa-

Jisoo and I had exchanged numbers before me and my mom had fled off to our house. She had given me her address, it wasn't that far. It would be a ten minute ride from my house to hers.

My mom had asked me who she was, to which I replied hesitantly. I knew she would freak out, and, I found that I don't really want her hopes to get high—just in case nothing works out.

We talked about last night at dinner. I kept my answers simple, though. I thought of backing out, but then I saw the excitement in her eyes. I don't want to be the reason why that light would flicker away, wouldn't I?

No.

Strangely, my mom hadn't talked about it as we were driving to Jisoo's house. She would've blabbed  about it until we reached her house, but she didn't...?

We stopped in front of a house. The house was colored white and beige. It wasn't small, nor was it big, it's somewhat in between. However, the detailing plastered on it was remarkable. On top of the house was decorated with gold molded into tiny flowers. The sides were decorated the same as well. The front yard was decorated with flowers—different kinds.

I smiled, which was quite uncanny because my stomach didn't feel that good earlier, and it wasn't like me.

I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and I looked at my mom. Her gaze was soft on me.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning, okay?" She said, smiling.

I nodded slightly.

"What time would you like me to pick you up?"

"Nine-thirty, maybe?"

She nodded and pressed a button that opened the trunk. I smiled and opened the door, excitedly. Something I didn't quite enjoy.

You see, I have this fear that if I'm too happy, something bad might happen. And I know, I'm just overthinking.

I opened the trunk further up and grabbed my bag containing the things I would be needing for the night. I slung it on my shoulder and closed the trunk, flinching as it closed due to the sound.

I walked to the other end of their pathway that led to their front door. I looked back and smiled.

My mom smiled back saying, "Have fun!"

I turned back and heard the engine roar as the smello smoke filled my nose, earning a cough from me. I looked at my mom's car as it slowly disappeared into the other houses in the neighborhood.

I inhaled deeply as I walked towards the door. Once reaching, I held my hand up to ring the doorbelly, hesitantly.

Come on, Lisa. You're just gonna ring a doorbell, it's not like you're gonna press a button that'll activate a time bomb.

I told myself, but then, what if I'm gonna be the time bomb?

Before I could ever press it, the door opened, catching me by surprise. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. But when I saw it was only Jisoo, I relaxed. A little.

"Oops, I scared you. Sorry," she chuckled. "I heard your car arrive a while ago. Looks like you have a really good relationship with your mom, huh?"

I nodded, pursing my lips into a smile.

"O-oh!  Come in, come in, sorry." She said, opening the door.

I walked in, keeping myself guarded. I looked around.

The inside was bigger than the outside. The lighting was bright and had a happy feel lingering around. It was wide and not crowded with things. Modern.