Hug An Emo. They'll Love You For it-10-Italy and Things That Will Make Us Cry

Start from the beginning

Speeding down the drive to Geary, I screeched to a stop in front of the yellow hut and climbed out, slamming the door shut.

I was numb. What did Cain do? Kill him self!?

I kicked the door open and stepped inside, looking at Cain, his eyes wide, back propped on the wall, pillow on his lap. In his hand was a black army knife that looked extremely freaky.

"Cain," I whispered. "What are you doing?"

"I can't Isis.. I can't," he looked relaxed, his voice had a cheery edge to it.

"What?"

"I can't stay on this world anymore," he said and grinned at me.

Mom stepped inside cautiously, stopping next to me, her eyes were also wide.

"Cain, Please don't," she whispered as he held the knife to his chest. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move and I wouldn't think.

"Mom.. I can't do it. I can't survive this.." he smiled a sad smile at her and fluffed his pillow with his free hand.

"Please?" her voice was choked with sobs. "Cain, don't do it, please, Cain, I can't have another one leave me."

Another tear leaked down my face. "Don't Cain.."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" he burst, hazel eyes clouding with anger. "It's best this way."

A sob ripped through my chest. I wanted to go crawl over to him, sit on the dirty floor, and hug him, but I was afraid that I would make him plunge that knife into his chest before I would get there.

"Please," mom said yet again.

"I love you both. Don't miss me too much, Okay?"

"NO CAIN, DON'T!" I screamed, but it was too late, the blood was dripping on the white pillow on his lap, making my stomach whirl.

Mom fell on the floor, crying. I stood my ground.

"Why, Cain, why?" I whispered to his slumped corpse.

"Why?"

I walked over and touched his cold cheek, feeling the warm blood on my fingers.

I shook my head, pulling out my phone and calling 911.

He was dead, of course. The dagger had pierced right through his heart. I felt hollow, numb. Why would he kill him self?

It wasn't fair! Why would he just give up like that!?

I sat at home, with my phone in my hand, silent tears leaking down my face. When the police arrived, they asked questions. Questions that couldn't be answered. I only said, 'he killed himself.'

So, they took him to the morgue. A few hours later, we finally made it home. Mom and I sat on the couch, hugging and crying hysterically. Finally, she groaned and said, "I'm going to sleep. You should too."

"Wait, Mom!" I cried.

"What?" her voice was exhausted.

"This means that we're not going to Italy right?" I whispered.

She sighed. "Your dad called when we were at the station. He said that Cain will be buried in Milan." Mom's eyes were sad.

"Why!?"

"Don't ask me! Ask your bastard of a dad." She trudged upstairs.

I dialed Tre. It was about 5 in the morning on Sunday. He'll probably still be asleep.

"Hey, babe.." he yawned. "It's 5 in the morning.. Is everything alright."

I didn't trust my voice. Sniffling, I whispered, "Could you come over?" somehow, my voice still cracked.