Vegeta Vs. Hit

"Beerus, the rules are going to change again." Champa said and of course Beerus rolled his eyes.

"Why do you keep changing the rules? Afraid of losing?"

"No- I just wanted to make this tournament a little more interesting."

"Sure that is what you claim, but you just want to win by making up new rules and such."

"He better not change the rules..." I whispered. "Or I will be over there unleashing my wrath on him..."

"As long as the rules stay the same, the next match should not turn into a bloodbath." Whis said as he took another sip of his tea.

"Do you think he is trying to make it so Hit can kill Vegeta?"

"I wouldn't be surprised... Lord Champa and Lord Beerus bicker like immature children."

"You call me immature, Whis?!"

"Oh no, you are actually taking the moral high ground today, my Lord." Whis quickly said so Beerus could get back to talking with Champa.

"When is this match going to finally start?" Vegeta said, now getting inpatient.

The bickering Gods stopped and then Hit came onto the field. He was silent, his eyes fixed on Vegeta.

A strange feeling settled in my stomach. I was afraid... I didn't want to see Vegeta die... even though I knew the rules were still against the killing of your opponent... I still was afraid.

Whis looked over to me and wore a face of concern for a moment, but then took my hand to calm me.

"Everything will be ok, Lady Katarina." Was what he whispered to me.

I nodded and continued to watch the field.

"And round start!"

Those words alone made my heart stop... I was waiting with anticipation, waiting for one to drop.

Vegeta and Hit just stood for awhile. I was imagining that Vegeta was planning in his head before attacking, but he mainly was a loose cannon.

After I called him a loose cannon in my thoughts, he started engaging with Hit. He started using his lightning fast reflexes, kicking, punching, kneeing Hit, but no hits on Hit.

I watched, keeping up with Vegeta's speed.
Then I watched as Vegeta was acting like he was being hit, but I never saw Hit lift a finger or a fist.

Was Hit the fastest fighter we have ever faced?

Vegeta kept trying to punch him but Hit would just punch him harder and faster...

Then a few moments later he had Vegeta on the edge of the tournament grounds... Vegeta now bloodied and brused...

One more punch and he was out cold out of the ring...

"This round goes to Hit!"

I ran off the couch and ran to Bulma. She was a mess, hoping Vegeta was ok. I took Bulma down to Vegeta as Trunks followed me.

"Vegeta! Wake up!" He wouldn't answer Bulma's call...

"Dad? Come on! Wake up!" He didn't react to Trunks' call...

"Vegeta? Come on... wake up..." he didn't even react to me...

I started healing him a bit, hoping he would wake up soon, but he didn't stir...

"Vegeta! Please! Wake up!" Bulma said and he finally woke up.

"...Bulma...stop yelling...you are giving me a headache..." and then Bulma grabbed a hold of him, not letting go.

"I'm so glad you are ok, Vegeta." Bulma told him, holding him close. Trunks and Bulma had happy tears hidden in their eyes.

I just looked at the scene, feeling odd being here... I was a third wheel... and I finally accepted that. I gave Vegeta a half smile and started to fly back up to the couch.

Vegeta had Bulma and Trunks. He didn't need me there too.

"Are you better, Lady Katarina?" Whis asked as I sat back down. Now that I was relieved that Vegeta was ok, I was a bit calmer.

"Yeah, I'm better... but now it's my turn..." I said as I twiddled my thumbs.

"Lady Katarina, you will be okay. You are an impressive fighter."

"But I'm not my brother or Vegeta. I've been playing second violin to them for years. I have never been in the same league as Vegeta and Goku... I doubt I will last five seconds in that ring..."

Many thoughts ran though my head... my thoughts clouding my judgement... What am I doing here? I'm not a great fighter, like Goku and Vegeta. Am I just a fake? Am I only useful in certain situations? Am I even useful? I put my head in my hands and the thoughts kept coming...

"Katarina... that is not how a Saiyan thinks, especially a guardian like yourself." I looked up and saw Vegeta.

"You have proved to me you are not a weak Saiyan that was raised on Earth. You have heart and strength of a warrior."

I kept looking, staying silent.

"I've trained you better than this, Katarina, and if you are going to think this way, then I'm very disappointed in you." He got his face right up against mine.

"You are the Saiyan Guardian, you are no weakling. Prove to me you are not some coward and fight."

I looked into his eyes, his stare cut through my doubts.

"Well? Are you going to talk to me?"

My tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"I'm going to show you what I'm made of, Vegeta. For Earth and for my family."

And in that moment, my fate was sealed, I was going to face Hit.

Author's note!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry this has taken so long to come out. I have been so busy. Who knew graduating, going to parties, working on my licence and getting into college was going to take up so much of my time? Lol, I'm joking about that. I knew it was going to take time. So, yeah, my life has been a bit hectic... and now you know I'm a college student. Hopefully I'll still be able to crank out chapters while I begin the new chapter in my life.

Anyways, thank you for all of your love and support and see you next chapter!!

- KatarinaTheSaiyan