A Tournament Proposition

"A tournament? Why would I waste my time with a tournament I would win anyway." Beerus said as still sat in his seat, seeming bored with the whole visit.

"I'm not talking about you and I being in a tournament, I'm talking about a team. You organize a team of five of your best fighters. We will finally know what universe is better, the seventh or the sixth." Champa said as he smiled a Chester cat smile.

Beerus thought about it a bit.

"Oh boy! I'd love to a tournament! That sounds like it would be fun!" Goku said aloud and Beerus looked at him.

"You would enter?"

"Of course!"

"How about you, Vegeta?"

Vegeta thought about it. I could hear the gears turning in his head. He looked at me and I smiled, then he looked back at Beerus.

"Sure, I would join in." Vegeta said and Beerus then looked at me.

"How about you, Lady Katarina?"

"If you excuse me, my Lord, but may I excuse Lady Katarina from this tournament?" I felt a little bit of pain from those words...

"Why, Whis?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know too, Whis." I said, in the brink of tears.

"Lady Katarina needs more training." Whis said and the tears started.

"Really, Whis?! Is that your reason, or is it because I'm a female Saiyan that is not even in the same league as my brother and Vegeta? Or do you think I'm such the fragile flower everyone thinks about lately? I'm sick of this!" I said as I ran out, tears streaming my face.

"That was a little harsh, Whis, wasn't it?" Vados said as I left the room.

I ran outside, into the garden of pink flowers. I tried to hide myself in its blossoms, but I failed, because the Oracle Fish found me.

"What's wrong, Akari?" He said and I wiped my tears.

"Well, I was just told from Whis that I'm not ready for the tournament..." I said and the Otacle Fish gave me a handkerchief.

"Akari, you are unique. You just need to have more patience and trust Whis. If he isn't letting you compete, I think it's for a good reason. He thinks about what he does before acting. He has his reasons, I bet." The fish in his floating bowl on a stick, trying to cheer me up.

"I hope you are right..."

"I'm a Oracle Fish, my predictions are always right." He said and he kept cheering me up.

"Akari! Are you here anywhere?" Goku yelled for me.

"Cheer up, Akari. You will be okay, don't worry." The Oracle Fish said and I sadly smiled.

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up." I said as I gave him a little peck on his head. He blushed and flew off.

"Katarina, are you alright?" Vegeta said as he gave me a hand.

"I'll be okay, I guess. You two will do great, I'll just watch from the sidelines." I said, almost back into tears.

"Lady Katarina, you will be staying here with me, to catch up on more training." Whis said as he came up behind me.

"So, the boys are heading back home?"

"Until the tournament. Then they will come back with one more fighter the day of the tournament." I nodded and then went to my brother for a hug.

"It won't be long, sis. We'll be back before you know it." He said as he hugged me. Then I went over to Vegeta and gave him a hug.

"Even though you are on the sidelines for this tournament, you be able observe and get a ahead of us. Well at least above Kakarot, I'll be first." He said and I laughed a little.

"Of course. Say Hi to all of my friends for me, please."

"Kakarot will do that." He said as he let me go. Goku and Vegeta then went away in a flash. Then Whis came up next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Lady Katarina, would you like to join me for tea before we train? I need to talk to you."

"Of course." I said as looked to my teacher and bowed. He prepared the tea tray once we got back to kitchen. I sat at the counter as he prepared the tray.

"Lady Katarina, I believe I owe you an apology for my actions earlier." Whis said as he started steeping the tea in the tea pot.

"I didn't think something like a tournament was going to happen where you could have entered but probably gotten seriously hurt." Whis kept on.

"I just didn't want anything happening to you. You may be catching up at a wonderful pace, but there is still many things that you need to learn. I feel if you observe the tournament, you will learn a bit."

I still sat their silently.

"I know you really want to compete, but trust me on this, you are not quite ready yet." He said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I then finally made eye contact. That was probably the biggest apology I have ever gotten. I felt a little bit better but I was still in a funk.

"Come on, Lady Katarina, talk to me. Or I'll have to take some drastic measures." He said as he pulled me out of my chair, made his staff appear and tapped it in the ground and music started playing. It was a song I was actually knew quite well.

You can lock up all the doors
Pull up the covers turn out the lights
I'll know where you are it's alright

You can go ahead and hide
You know you can't keep me out
I'll find my way I'm here to stay
Even the cops can't save you now

Hey baby there's nothing you can do
Hey baby it isn't up to you

'Cause I am the thief of hearts
Don't hide or try to run
I'll play the part, I'm the thief of hearts
I've come to steal your love

I'm the thief of hearts
You can hold on to your heart
You ain't gonna win
So, go ahead and draw the blinds
I'm still coming in

Hey baby I'm gonna wear you down
Hey baby you better listen to me now

I'm the thief of hearts
The shadow on your wall
A whisper in your ear
A footsteps in the hall

I'm the thief of hearts
Don't hide or try to run
I'll play the part, I'm the thief of hearts
I'm gonna steal your love

I'm the thief of hearts
And hey, baby there's nothing you can do
And hey, baby You know there ain't no use

I am the thief of hearts
Guilty of the charge
You can throw away the keys
And double up the bars

I am the thief of hearts
And don't hide or try to run
I'll play the part, I'm the thief of hearts
I'm gonna steal your love

I'm the thief of hearts

We danced while the music played. It was quite funny that Whis lip synced it all. Then Whis looked deep into my eyes, drew close, and landed a liplock on me.

The kiss had a interesting spark, one that was unlike any spark I felt before. Then he pulled away, blushing.

"I guess I should have asked you for that kiss."

"Well, as you said, you are the Thief of Hearts. And it looks like you stole my love." I said as he came back for another kiss. He stole my heart, just like Vegeta did all those years ago...