Unexpected Training

The next day I awoke from a dream, a dream that Whis and I were together. That we were as happy as we could be and his kisses sweeter than honey. I got up from the bed in my nightgown and walked out to the kitchen, where Whis was drinking tea. As I walked closer I noticed little specks of rubble in his white hair.

"Hey, Q-Tip. Looks like you had a little bit of trouble waking up Beerus."

"Who are you calling, Q-Tip? What is even a Q-Tip?"

"A Q-Tip is a cotton swab thing and your hair reminded me of it. Sorry if I offended you, Whis." I said and he smiled a little.

"It's fine, but please stop calling me that. It's not the way to talk to your teacher that way."

"Aye, Whis-Sensei." I quickly bowed and he bowed after me.

"And you don't need to call me Whis-Sensei either, that sounds too formal when we are here, casually." Whis said as he poured a cup of tea for me. He then got up and pulled out the chair for me. I gladly sat down and we enjoyed a good conversation with some awesome tea.

It was the day Whis and Beerus were going to get that other fighter, Monaka. Whis left me on the planet, and of course with a chore list...

"Please complete the whole list for me, Lady Katarina. We will be back in a few hours. I'll check on you once we arrive at Monaka's planet, so prepare to receive a contact on your staff."

"Of course, Whis, once my pin starts ringing, I'll answer." I said and bowed to Whis.

"Alright, see ya in a little while, Katarina." He said as hit his staff on the ground and he was gone along with Lord Beerus. Once they left, I looked at my list. I had to clean  up after Beerus' alarm clock, change his sheets, and sweep and mop.

I wrapped my apron around me and started on my chores. After a few hours later, Beerus' room was all cleaned and Whis called to check up on me.

"Hello Katarina! How are you? How far down the list are you?"

"I'm good, almost done, I just finish this mopping in here and I'll be good."

"Wonderful! You work very fast, Katarina. We just arrived on Monaka's planet. Once we return, we will have dinner."

"Sounds good, I can cook, if you like."

"If it's no trouble. Besides, it may surprise Lord Beerus of your hidden talent." He winked and I lightly laughed.

"Yeah, maybe Beerus will enjoy another cook." I said and he smiled.

"Well, I hate to cut our conversation short, but I have to keep up with Lord Beerus."

"Alright, I'll see you once you return, Whis-Sensei." I lightly chuckled and he blushed and laughed.

I then finished mopping and it was time to start some dinner. I washed my hands and started on a broth. Once Beerus, Whis and the new guy arrived, I had a feast prepared. I had to prepare a feast because it was Whis and Beerus, they loved eating.

"Hmm, there is a delicious smell from the kitchen, Whis. What is that smell?"

"I don't know my lord, but it does smell amazing!"

Then they came into the kitchen. I bowed to them and they bowed back, like usual.

"Did you make a spread, Katarina?" Whis asked, he smiled and winked at me.

"Yeah, I did, if you two would please sit down, I'll start serving the first course." I said and they nodded.

"Wait, what happened to Monaka?"

"He doesn't really eat. So, he won't be joining us for our dinner." I nodded and waited until they were seated.

"It's nice to be served for once." Whis said and Beerus just glared at him. I then came in with the first course, handmade ramen. Beerus took a bite and was very impressed.

Whis smiled as he ate his noodles and started drinking the broth. I sat next to him, enjoying a bowl of my own ramen.

"You made this, Katarina?"

"Yes I did, it's homemade ramen. I hope you enjoy it."

"Wait, you can make it homemade?"

"Yes, you can stretch the noodles yourself." I said to Beerus as I finished my bowl.

"Is everyone ready for the next course?"

"Yes please, Katarina." Whis said and I left the table with all of the dirty dishes. I then came back out with dishes of prepared sushi and a few bowls of pork fried rice.

"Here is your next course, various sushi and pork fried rice." I said as I gave each of them a bowl of rice and a plate of an array of sushi.

Beerus tried a few different ones and he really seemed impressed. He quickly ate all of his sushi and moved over to the fried rice. He must have really enjoyed it all, since he downed it so quickly.

"Where is the next dish?" Beerus asked as he cleaned his plate. I finished my plate and got up. Whis and Beerus were done and I took their empty plates and went to fetch the last course, Japanese Cheesecake.

I came out with a complete cheese cake and some caramel sauce. Whis looked at the cake and smiled. He did notice my cooking skills, and it was nice to be recognized for a talent I had besides fighting. I set it down and used the knife in my other hand to cut a piece for Beerus, then Whis, and finally for myself. I fanned out cut strawberry and placed it on the slices, then drizzled the caramel sauce on the slices. Once I set the slices in front of their respected people, they took a bite and said absolutely nothing.

It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

I was a little nervous at first but then Whis' face said it all. A smile rose in his face, his cheeks a slight rosey pink, and he did a happy dance in his chair. Beerus only just smiled and kept eating his cheesecake.

"Katarina! You have outdone yourself! I need you to teach me how to make this amazing dessert!" Whis said as he finally got back from his happiness journey after eating only a piece of the cake.

"Well, sometime I could, maybe after the tournament. I'll wrap the rest of this up and stick it in the fridge." I said as I took the leftover cake and placed it in the refrigerator.

"Why didn't I learn of Katarina's talent of cooking before, Whis?"

"She didn't need to show off this talent till now, my lord."

"I hate when you keep really good secrets from me. Especially now, Katarina is talented in cooking."

"My Lord, you were asleep when I discovered her talent. Plus, it was better for you to discover it yourself before I told you I knew." Whis said as I came back from the kitchen.

It was then bedtime, the stars looked quite beautiful at night here. Myself in my nightgown, looking at the stars from my bedroom window. The beautiful lights made me tired and that's when I finally went to bed.

Once I awoke the next morning, I was greeted by a box on the foot of my bed. I opened it and a new outfit was inside. A note from Whis was in the box.

Lady Katarina,

I thought you would like this new outfit for this tournament.

Sincerely,

Whis

After getting a bath, I got my new outfit on and really liked it, but it needed laced up the back...

I used my magic and tried to lace it up, which it surprisingly worked. Then I tied the ribbon around me and there I was, all  dressed and ready to go back to fetch the boys and the others.

"Ready to go back to Earth, Katarina?" Whis said on top of a huge purple box.

"Sure am!" I said as I leaped on top next to Whis. He held my hand, tapped his staff on the box, and we were transported.