T W E L V E

One Of A Kind

Chapter Twelve

Not Edited

~ Sage Preston's POV ~

Summer and Anthony had to come home the week Dad and I got into a fight. They couldn't have come a few weeks ago? When everything was fine and their was no tension in the air?

Do you know how uncomfortable this is right now? Everyone and I mean everyone is packed into our dining room. Mom, Dad, Eric, Marilyn, Kaia, Summer, Anthony, Matt, Brielle, River, Me, May, Kevin, Devin, Marc, Sky and her best friend, Myrna. Mom drove up to Marc's boarding school and demanded that they let him come home for the weekend. Nobody says no to our Mom. Marc's been in that boarding school since October when the principal threatened to expell him for getting into a fistfight with some football player for the hell of it. Nobody expected Marc to be the bad boy of the bunch but here he is.

I couldn't get over the loudness of our house. There was at least 5 different conversations going on once and 2 of them were arguments about marriage and responsibility. Mom arguing with Summer about when she's going to the the knot with Anthony and Dad telling Eric that he needs to get a move on with his career before Eric Jr. is born.

"Isn't this fun" Matt snorted from beside me.

"I know right" I rolled my eyes.

"I heard about the fight you had with Mom and Dad" Matt whispered and I groaned. "I'm happy you're standing up for yourself. I did the same thing when I was your age"

"I remember" I think back to that night when Brielle flipped out on Dad. "Brielle did more of the standing up"

"Yeah, yeah. That's why she's my rock" Matt stared over at the blonde haired girl chatting away with Marilyn about labor breathing techniques.  "So... Do you love this Benjamin kid?"

"He's just a friend" I roll my eyes. "I just didn't tell Dad that"

"Of course you didn't. You're just a mischievous as Marc" Matt shook his head.

"Um excuse me? What about me?" Marc leaned over the table with a huge smirk on his face.

"I was just telling Sage how stupid you were to get your lip pierced in the back of your roommates van" Matt's lips pulled into a smirk.

"You did what?!" Mom gasped.

"Aw thanks alot hoppy" Marc slumped in his seat.

Matt burst out laughing with the rest of us while Mom scolded Marc for making jokes about Matt's 'injury.'

"Calm down, Mom. It's almost been 7 years" Matt shook his head with a leftover smile.

"Don't tell me to calm down" Mom huffed as she stood up and started collecting dirty dishes.

"Come on, Mom" Matt groaned as she weaved in and out of children to get to the kitchen.

Once she was out of the room, Dad stood up.

"I better go calm her down" Dad laughed.

"I heard that!" Mom called from the kitchen and Dad rolled his eyes.

"You were meant to"

"We're going outside to play!" Sky and Myrna jumped up and ran towards the backyard door.

Once all of the children and parents were gone, Summer turned towards me.

"We heard that someone has finally cracked and fell in love" Summer grinned.