T E N

One Of A Kind

Chapter Ten

Not Edited

~ Sage Preston's POV ~

Every holiday I would thank god that it was the only days of the year that I would wake up to a crying baby at 6 am on a Sunday. But then Eric decided to quit his job. And then he missed mortgage payments. And then the bank took his house.

I noticed the suitcases in the foyer on Friday but I was too focused on the screaming match with my parents to care. Yesterday, May caught me up on everything that was going on. Eric lost his house and he's moving back home with his pregnant wife and baby.

I can hear Kaia's cries through the floorboards. I remember a time when I would hear the hollarings of Eric, Matt, Anthony and Tanner on a Sunday morning. Now it's Eric trying to hush Kaia and then Marilyn's angry yelling. It's funny how much things can change in the matter of years.

"They're such a cute couple" May said from her mirror where she did her make up for the day.

"I wish they could be cute in their own place" I grumbled.

I turned in my bed to face her and cringed when I felt the crumbs from last night that I never flicked off my bed.

"What are you doing today?"

"Piper and I are going to get food and then shop" May said while applying eyeliner. She looked exactly like Summer at this age. I remember sitting in Summer's bathroom watching her doing all this crap.

I always thought that I would grow into it. That by the time I was Summer's age I would be wearing pretty dresses and putting on make up.

"Piper? Going shopping? What did you do to get her to do that?" I chuckled. Piper wasn't the type of girl to go shopping on the weekend. Everyone knew that.

"I just asked" May shrugged with a small smile. What was that about? "Are you going to be okay home with Mom and Dad?"

Mom and Dad... I haven't talked to them since the fight. Mom has come up a few times to check on me but all she gets are short replies or shrugs. Dad hasn't even come up to make sure I was alive. I haven't been down to eat in a while, I usually just settle on some junk food I can take in the middle of the night.

"Yeah I guess" I nodded.

"They're just jerks for not letting you see Benjamin" May said and at his name I felt my cheeks heat up. All I could think about was the kiss. "Woah are you blushing?"

"Huh? No?" I frowned. Why would I be blushing?

"You totally are! Are you sneaking around with him?" May whispered.

"You're so stupid" I rolled my eyes.

"Do you have a crush on a certain boy that you have been forbidden to see?" May dropped on top of me.

"Get off" I groaned but she started shaking me.

"Answer the question! Did you kiss him?" May poked my face and I frowned at her. "Oh my god. You did!"

"No I didn't. Go away" I rolled over and pushed her off.

"Oh my god. You so did!" May gasped. "When did it happen? Was it sweet? Was it rough? Was it passionate? Oh my! Did you guys have-"

"No you dumbass! Now leave me alone" I gagged and she laughed at me.

"Alright fine! I'm leaving now but I'll be questioning you when I get home"

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun on your date" I snorted and rolled over a few seconds later to see her. "What?"

"It's not a date" She frowned at me.

"I know. I was just joking" I frowned back at her.

"Okay" She nodded and waved. "See you later"

She's such a weirdo.

I got up and went to go find some food a few minutes later. Sadly I found out that Eric had finished off my cereal bars, but unsurprisingly this was only the first of many problems Eric and his family caused today.

First it was the cereal bars. Then it was Kaia's excessant crying all morning. When I questioned Eric on why he or Marilyn wasn't trying to calm her down; he told me that Marilyn's mom suggesting letting her cry if there's no cause for the crying (like a dirty diaper, pain or hunger.) Trying to do homework with the sound of a screeching baby isn't fun.

Then Marilyn decided to take a shower while I was in my shower. Nobody seemed to remind her that the on-suites are all hooked up to the same water heater so she used up all of my hot water.

Then Eric decided he didn't like that me, Mom and Dad weren't talking so he tried to fix it and caused a whole new fight.

"Eric I don't want to talk about this anymore?" I sighed.

"You're ignoring them. It isn't healthy you need to talk to your parents. They're just trying to help" Eric insisted

"We're doing what is best for you, Sage" Dad sighed.

"Oh what do you know, Eric? You've never been one of kids Dad doesn't care about!" I rolled my eyes.

"I care about you. Don't you ever say that I don't" Dad shook his head.

"Really? Then why are you making me feel so miserable?" I snapped. "You only care about yourself. I'm sorry that you don't like the Prescott's but from what I've seen they're alot better than you! Maybe you're the bad one"

"What are you talking about?" Dad rolled his eyes.

"I had dinner with the Prescott's the day you guys screamed at me and they were nice about me and Benjamin. They actually asked us about what was happening instead of believing some stupid blog ran by a girl that's  barely 14 years old" I pushed my chair out. "I'm done with this conversation"

"Sage-"

"They're not going to change their minds, Eric! It's not even about letting me see Benjamin anymore. It's about how fast they are to take away things that make me happy for their own selfish reasons!" I sighed.

"You're too young to know what makes you happy" Dad scoffed.

"You're right Dad! I have no idea what happiness is because you make sure to make my life miserable. You control every aspect of my life and I'm sick of it! I'm 18 years old. I'm supposed to make dumb mistakes and learn from them. I'm sorry that you fucked up with Matt but that doesn't give you the right to ruin my life" I instantly regretted bringing up Matt because I saw the pained look flash across Eric, Mom and Dad's face as they thought about the accident that changed all of our lives.

"I'm not asking for you to let me go to crazy parties and drink all I want. I'm just asking you to let me talk to who I want and play hockey without my coach being too scared to let me play when I get a small scrape" I sighed and just left the house ignoring my parents pleas.

I walked down the block and called the one person I could think of.

"Hello?"

"Can you pick me up? I fought with my parents again"

"Yeah I'll be there in a little bit"

Benjamin Prescott.

a u t h o r s   n o t e

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of One Of A Kind!

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i k e n n y